The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 08:27:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apologies for my quiet....  (Read 7105 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« on: August 15, 2015, 01:13:37 pm »

Sorry for being quiet over the last few months - I've been sidelined by some other large projects since salute, mostly English civil war stuff but more recently, these have been heading through the processes of my workshop. I mean the early World War II Polish troops..... Obviously.... *whistles innocently and returns to brushes....*

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 05:23:20 pm »

I hear you about getting sidetracked..... I was all set to start my entry for the terrain contest and then I decided to finish some Delgon models, oh and I can also do a little something on the Kedashi, and surely I have time to whip out some Dhogu. and here we are at the mid of August and aside from doing a few abstract sketches and collecting materials, my terrain ideas wait anxiously for realization before the end of the month.  -sigh-  too much good stuff out there.    Cheesy 

your troopers look great. they do look like they're running away from the big beasties in the rear of the photo. Grin   Grin   Wink
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 06:49:43 pm »

It is the same story with me, after painting Twilight figures for the three months at the start of the year (the painting competition), I have been catching up with my other projects... Normans and Crusaders for Saga, 6mm Napoleonic French and now I have added Frostgrave to the list.   Roll Eyes
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 07:31:50 pm »

I must add to this, I have been to quiet over here for a while.
To my shame I even missed the scenery building competition while I had everything ready to start building. Anyway, hope to see more Anyaral from all of you soon (and finally finish some miniatures myself).

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 07:51:32 pm »

Paul, I think you may have been too subtle  Wink
Lovely poles though!
I'm looking forward to showing off all the new sculpts properly at the weekend! I think it'll be 10 new metal figures, plus a couple of resin beasties that have generally been kept under wraps so far...
I wanted to build some scenery alongside the contest, but instead I seem to have got distracted painting myself a little kedashi swarm!
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 10:59:05 am »

Too subtle indeed! Oh well, can't win them all.  

Still, I am rather pleased with how the poles have come out, so I thought I'd share a picture of their medium howitzer all done up. It is rather annoying that I can never seem to clear a decent space for photos.... There's always something else creeping into shot....

Now, that should be a better test to see who's awake, looks closely, and actually reads the whole forum...Subtlety mode now disengaged..... You have been warned.   Tongue
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:02:56 am by TuffSkull » Logged

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 11:52:38 am »

Nice finally seeing the proportions of the lion beastie. The big guy looks fantastic too!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 01:02:39 pm »

That's a fantastic looking howitzer!
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 06:41:25 am »

The big beastie looks very cool, what size base is she on?

The undercoated minis look good tho it is a little hard to make them all out.

Not sure the big gun is quite Twilight tho Wink
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 09:46:09 am »

The big guy looks great the others are a little hard to make out but colour me intrigued.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 10:43:48 am »

Big stompy is on a large base - same size as the Belan is on.

I'm afraid im not allowed to post proper photos just yet, so the undercoated silhouettes is the best I can do for the moment until mike officially releases and promotes them  Wink

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 07:47:58 pm »

Feel free to share more pictures if you would like to  Wink
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 06:53:47 pm »

Welcome to Jurrasic parc poles Smiley.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 02:35:18 pm »

I've been away for a while and it looks like a lot is happening in the World of Twilight.
Those glimpses of the new sculpts are tantalising.

Incidentally, the Poles look very impressive too. Always fancied an early war Polish army - perhaps one day!

Nice work. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: