The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 09:46:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Birdlion  (Read 5803 times)
serin
Qualified Engineer

« on: September 10, 2015, 09:42:19 pm »

So, my new models have arrived.
The new sculpts look great.

Just wondering, what is the idea with the Birdlion? Which part of the world is it supposed to fit in with? It is a really nice figure, that is calling to me to be painted first, but colour scheme will be dictated by whether it is from the Wastes, the Mountains, the Forests or even somewhere else.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 10:37:14 pm »

The birdlion (correct name is yet to be discovered...) is primarily found across the Casanii territories. Some Casanii have even been known to tame and rear the mighty beasts, which are sometimes given as rare and valuable gifts.
I don't think any have been painted yet, so I'm not entirely certain what colour he'll end up...
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 10:39:34 pm »

I should probably say that portions of the Casanii territories are similar to the African savannah, although it is a vast region of the continent.
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:15:56 pm »

Hopefully here is a rather poor WIP shot of my Birdlion

Colours based on it being a Savannah species and may be developed further with darker spots / blotches.

I assume the blue critter on its haunches also goes with the casanii in some way.

Does the big-mouthed one go with the Trebarnii?
ElectricPaladin
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 10:24:54 pm »

Wow. That's really pretty! What basing scheme are you going with?
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 10:38:44 pm »

I tend to put a filler in the base, add small stones and then paint mixtures of browns with highlighting, then I add flock. The bases should be done at some point!

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 01:36:03 am »

nice work. it's good to get a look at it with some color.   Smiley
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 12:08:10 pm »

nice work. it's good to get a look at it with some color.   Smiley
Very true! This is the first painted version I've seen and looks how I imagined it might  Smiley
The big mouthed critter has no purpose yet...
The little feral hound will generally be found alongside the Casanii jenta ('ferals' - there are two on the mould, armed with spiked clubs) who tag along with their older relatives when raiding or protecting the herds.
joek
Jenta

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 10:20:50 pm »

Great work on the birdlion!

As I've already mentioned to Mike, I'm copying the colour scheme :p

Well, I'd already put the orange on, but the white undercarriage just works perfectly.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 09:42:21 pm »

That's a great colourscheme for the Birdlion, one I wished I had seen before I painted mine in the colours of an actual Lion.
Bravo!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: