The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 08:47:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential New Player in CA Checking In  (Read 3875 times)
ElectricPaladin
Jenta

« on: September 21, 2015, 03:09:48 pm »

Hey all. First post!

In real life, I'm a science teacher in San Leandro. I mostly play at Endgame Oakland. I am VERY excited to get into a nonstandard fantasy game. I've been sick of bog-standard fantasy since before it was cool, and if I never see another elf again for as long as I live, I'll be happy. Little hoofed dino critters seem much cooler. The rules seem interesting, too. I really like how it's all risk/reward management, and you can't really count on knowing what happens next. From my reading, the game will be fun, fast, and engaging... but of course, I haven't had a chance to actually try it yet!

I'm still trying to decide which factions to put into my starter box. I'm starting a thread about that elsewhere. And of course, I'm not really decided on starting this game until I've got my demo... but if the rules play like they read, I think I will.

What else is there to say? I'm a reptile enthusiast, with a pet bearded dragon at home and a firebelly frog and Russian tortoise at school, which possibly explains some of my fondness for this game. I'm a veteran dork with a history in roleplaying games. My favorite color is green?
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 05:36:04 pm »

Welcome to the mad house forums!

And to the game.

And to the miniatures, which are bound to overrun your planned hobby budgets (trust me..... I've been / am there regularly with this range, but very happy of it! )

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 03:17:33 am »

welcome aboard.   Smiley
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 09:59:49 am »

Welcome!
You've been scattershoting the forum with lots of great questions! Keep them coming  Smiley
I'm currently having a think through the details of the knightly orders - there are a lot of ideas from over the years that haven't been written down yet so I'll have a go at compiling those to answer a few of your questions...
ElectricPaladin
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 02:37:20 pm »

Welcome!
You've been scattershoting the forum with lots of great questions! Keep them coming  Smiley
I'm currently having a think through the details of the knightly orders - there are a lot of ideas from over the years that haven't been written down yet so I'll have a go at compiling those to answer a few of your questions...

You can count on it!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 04:03:24 pm »

What an intro Smiley.
Welcome aboard!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 07:19:57 pm »

Howdi! Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: