The World Of Twilight
April 24, 2024, 04:23:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Evapilotone's Twilight Painting Compendium...  (Read 15690 times)
Evapilotone
Jenta

« on: February 28, 2016, 05:32:07 pm »

Hello there!

My name is Tim and I think the last time I posted was back in 2013...

Anyway, after finally getting my finger out and sorting some proper pictures, I'd like to show off my Devanu and Grishak!

I have the following planned for my Devanu, which is a wee bit of a bumper to bulk them out.

Lastly, I have a great little Civvies Trading Convoy on the go as well (Trying Brown as my Primer for the first time)... That last additions I want for them would be a couple of Laden Belan, which I'll hopefully have a mate grab for me at Salute!

Anyway, thanks for looking. Fire away with any C&C and sorry I've taken so long to share them!
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 06:25:25 pm »

A nice haul you have there.

That is a lot of minis on your painting table (well it would be for me anyway Smiley ), looking forward to seeing more painted.
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 11:30:51 am »

I like that your colouring seems to be more earthy and subtle, it gives the miniatures a different feel.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 06:31:09 pm »

Welcome back!
Great painting there! That's a fun take on the kelahn.
I also really like how you've done the Grishak - excellent choice of colours. Shape there's only one pose of Grishak jenta...  Embarrassed
I am feeling sorry for that caravan! The Casanii scout and Cren are good, but I don't hold out much hope for their chances... (I should do rules for a lone Enguan bodyguard...)
If you are getting a couple of laden belan then you should certainly get the new mounted trader to go with them  Smiley
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 08:48:14 pm »

Love the Grishak - they look great together as a horde.  That caravan doesn't stand a chance!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 10:31:03 am »

Got to echo everyone's comments here - particularly like the colour choices on the Grishak and the patterning or the kelahn is great.

Good looking forces. Can't wait to see what you do with the trAders, though I do hope they get some more armed guards sometime soon and it looks like they're going to need it! It took me almost a year to paint my first figures for the game, and now have something around 150done for it - there's nothing wrong with a slow start, just be careful as the slope gets steep  Wink

Evapilotone
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 01:22:44 pm »

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments!

I like that your colouring seems to be more earthy and subtle, it gives the miniatures a different feel.

I'm glad you think so. It was what I was going for. Mike has always taken what I loved from The Dark Crystal, which completely warped and inspired me as a child, so I wanted to make sure my Twilight miniatures looked gritty and realistic while maintaining their charm!

As for the Grishak, they were dead easy. I use GW paints.

• Undercoat Black.
  • Layout pattern on skin, I used Rakarth Flesh and Khorne Red.
  • Wash everything with Agrax Earthshade.
  • Very lightly dry brush with Rakarth Flesh for detail.
  • Claws, beak, spines etc were then painted black before simply varnishing them for a glossy finish.
  • I then picked out the eyes with a light grey, a orange iris and a small, cat like pupil.

If you are getting a couple of laden belan then you should certainly get the new mounted trader to go with them  Smiley

I plan to, Mike! BTW, it's Tim Stables here, we talk occasionally on Facebook. Just in case you didn't realise.  Grin
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 07:28:46 pm »

Really nice looking minis you got there! Looking forward to see more Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 09:03:22 pm »

These look very good.
Like others voiced before, the Khelan and Grishak stand out and are very well done. I sure look forward to see these Devanu Matriarch and Jenta in full painted glory.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Evapilotone
Jenta

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 09:38:18 am »

Thanks again for all the kind words, folks...

I took a break from my plethora of 40K I'm working on and rewarded myself with a lovely afternoon painting my Casanaii Scout. What a great little model this guy is. I really enjoyed painting him.

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 02:00:06 pm »

Another great job on this mini.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Evapilotone
Jenta

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 04:00:20 pm »

Been in a Twilight mood it seems. Got these two finished while finishing up the bases on some Necron Warriors.

Must have spent just short of an hour on these two. Goes to show just how much character these models have.

I've nicknamed the Jenta "Loop". Here he is with his Skerrat (Chicken-Lizard-Rat-Dog-Thing). Lovely little models.

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 05:57:46 pm »

nice job on the new models. the skerrat looks very alive to me.   Smiley   I also like the bases very much. the flowers add a living quality to the  whole model.
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 08:19:52 pm »

I like the extra detail and stripes you've added on your Casanii Scout, brings the model to life more. Also, in echo to what GrimSnik says about your base flowers, they're so much better than the ones I have - did you make those yourself?

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 08:31:32 pm »

More nicely painted models Smiley
Are they Noch tufts?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: