The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 01:26:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Casanii have arrived on Kickstarter  (Read 18415 times)
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« on: March 16, 2016, 09:32:30 pm »

It has begun!

Mike has just launched the Casanii of Anyaral kickstarter! Over the next two weeks we hope you will join us in trying to make this new range a success.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1280484354/world-of-twilight-the-casanii-of-anyaral

You can now join in and make a pledge for your very own Casanii hunting party, or even splash out and have a particularly wealthy trader, Loranti Pargal, to protect. Head on over to the kickstarter now to find out more, plus Mike has got lots of ideas that he's looking forward to sharing during the course of the campaign!

There is a special early bird bonus miniature for the first few backers, so there’s added incentive to go and have a look right away!

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 12:41:33 pm »

Congrats on breaking through the total in no time at all.  Unfortunately I couldn't get on at 8 so missed out on the little Daxu fella, is there any chance you'll put him up as an add on?

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 06:51:38 pm »

I would swear I've seen the Daxu before, but I can't remember where.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 07:45:51 pm »

I would swear I've seen the Daxu before, but I can't remember where.
This may be where you saw it?
The Daxu has been available in the store for a while with the new sculpts.

Hopefully here is a rather poor WIP shot of my Birdlion

Colours based on it being a Savannah species and may be developed further with darker spots / blotches.

I assume the blue critter on its haunches also goes with the casanii in some way.

Does the big-mouthed one go with the Trebarnii?
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 04:57:28 pm »

As usual, Mike underestimated the interest in his World of Twilight.  The Kickstarter was fully funded in under 5 minutes.  A number of stretch goals have been announced (and a couple achieved).....

loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 09:33:39 pm »

Latest update......

Tonight I’ve just heard back from the caster and I’m excited to announce another new model for the range! I’ve been hinting at some of the bigger beasts for a while, so it’s time to give you the opportunity to field something a bit larger in your forces.

The Hadera Riders are a relatively common addition to the Casanii Tribes that roam the vast plains. They may not be quite as fast as the Erillai Riders, but they give a great vantage point and can pack an impressive kick!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:41:13 am by Carcharoth » Logged
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 09:52:48 pm »

New stretch goal..........

One of the great things that Mike got to do in the Travels through Anyaral campaign was the reference cards and he would like to do a small deck of cards to go with the Casanii. If we can get to £5,000 then Mike'll release a set of cards to cover all the Casanii releases that will be available as an add-on. Mike will also do a special card for Loranti that will be included for free with him.

Spreading the Word!

We’ve had an amazing level of support so far, but it would be great to see more people getting introduced to Anyaral. Do you have any advice for sites we should be pestering? Do you have forums you frequent or facebook groups that you could share a bit about the project! Forums for other games (like Frostgrave or Dragon Rampant) might also be worth a visit. Any help would be awesome and might just prompt some more goodies for the campaign…

If you reply to this update with links to anywhere you’ve posted then Mike will do a prize draw later in the campaign and the winner will get a little something extra in with their pledge (he's thinking a couple of rogue mutts would always be handy…).
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 10:34:34 pm »

Unleash the Beasts!

There has been a lot of talk about the huge beasts that roam the Casanii lands, so now it is time to open these up as an option for the campaign! Mike had a lot of fun sculpting all these beasts, so he hopes you like them.

The Erillai in particular will be handy for scenarios, but Mike will also come up with rules for using the other beasts… You can add the individual beasts to your pledge, or unleash the whole menagerie to be protected by your Casanii!

loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 10:01:17 pm »

Update #7:

"We are eight days in and we have just one week to go!

Thus far we’ve got the core force ready to go and Joe has very nearly finished the Hadera and Onsegar riders painted – he’s assured me that he’ll have some photos of the force tomorrow! I personally can’t wait to see how they all look together as it’ll be a first for me as well.

Where next?

You’ve all been helping a lot with suggestions of where to go next! The suggestion of alternative arms for the warriors seems obvious now and I’m particularly liking the idea of having some atlatl wielding warriors who can throw their spears from afar.  Feel free to suggest more ideas!

Then there are the ideas for characters! The deadline for the character design contest was last night and we got some fantastic well thought out entries (which you can see here), any of which would work nicely as a character. I’m not sure if Jake Thornton’s entry counts as cheating (he has far too much experience doing this sort of thing!) but there is a lot of food for thought across all the different ideas. I guess I need to choose a winner, but I expect a lot of the concepts may find their way into future Casanii characters! Expect me to announce winners and some further developments of these ideas over the next week, as well as the opportunity to add them to your pledge.

Reference cards – Expansion Deck 1

A couple of nights ago I announced the next stretch goal to release the Casanii cards (plus a free bonus card for Loranti). In addition to those cards I’ve been working on the first expansion deck. In the last campaign I released cards for all the models in the Chronicles of Anyaral book, but since then I’ve released a bunch of new models. I’ve included rules in issues of the Twilight Traveller, but until now I haven’t got cards into production. The first expansion deck contains 16 cards plus a card with all the new abilities on. You can add this deck to your pledge for £4, but if you backed either the Kedashi or Dehran playtest packs last time then you will get a deck for free as a thank you.

You can now also add the original card deck to your pledge for £10.

I've done an updated graphic for some of the new add-ons, although I realise I'll have to update it again as soon as Joe has finished his painting!

The astute among you might have noticed that I've added the mutts as an option following a few unsubtle hints that they might be a good idea!... "
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 06:16:24 pm »

Every copy of Loranti will now come with a reference card as a bonus! Plus, I'll release an expansion deck of reference cards to cover the full Casanii range. As with the first expansion deck, the deck will contains 16 reference cards, plus a cover and an ability reference card. You can add the Casanii deck to your pledge for £4.

Now onto the next stretch goal:

Those of you who have been following Twilight on the forum or an Facebook might have noticed that I've been getting the occasional hint about doing more grishak jenta... Grishak jenta are young devanu hunting beasts, but to date I've only had the one sculpt so there has been some enthusiasm for me to sculpt another one! I promised I would finally get at least one more sculpted this year...

Devanu aren't the only ones to make use of the grishak as hunting beasts... Although most fubarnii have the common sense not to try and train them, there are rumours of a young casanii feral who has developed a strange affinity with a couple of the beasts.

I had been planning for the grishak jenta to just come as a group of 5 jenta (including at least one new jenta sculpt) with an older grishak to lead them and this set can be added to your pledge straight away as an add-on for £15 (plus £1 for postage outside the UK). The group can be used for scenarios or added to the heavily outnumbered Devanu to give them a chance against the Casanii!

In addition, if we reach £6,000 then I'll sculpt a new special character for the ferals, who will come with a couple of new grishak jenta to keep him company!

Coming soon: Casanii Accessories

I am a real sucker for interesting accessories for my different forces in wargames! As such I like taking every excuse to create cool accessories for Twilight and the Casanii aren't going to be an exception :-)

I've been looking into dice, initiative counters and combat stones and I'm hoping to have more details to announce in the next few days... I think I'll aim to add the accessories as a single set, so you can get everything you need to personalise the force.

The Casanii so far...

Joe has now finished the huge pile of Casanii I've been throwing his way and sent me a nice big family photo!

loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 09:46:42 pm »

Latest update from Mike................

The Engineer 

In the previous campaign I included two 'Engineer' pledges where I had the pleasure of working with two backers to create a couple of really unique characters. Jasmin came up with 'The Falconer' while Wouter brought life 'The Herder Queen'. I also gave the equivalent of an Engineer pledge to Ben and Louise as a thank you for their help with the last campaign and that also generated a very unique addition to the range! (Who will be getting released at Salute in a few weeks time...).

After the success last time I've decided to introduce the pledge level again and see if anybody would like to have a go!

If you pledge for this you’ll get the opportunity to work with me to design a character for Twilight! The process will be as follows:
•Firstly, we'll exchange a few emails to scope your character (or even chat at Salute if you are there). She (or he) can be a Fubarnii (any race) or a Devanu (or even a Kedashi or Trebarnii if you are particularly inspired!) and can sit on a small or medium base.
•After the initial conversations I’ll do a sketch of the character and flesh out the background.
•It may take a couple of refinements, but once we are both happy* then I’ll go ahead and get him sculpted and cast in resin.
•I’ll design a specific stat card for your character for use in Twilight and if he fits, then I’ll include him in the next book as an official part of the game.
•I’ll then send you a little parcel containing several casts of your figure (5 copies if he’s on a small base, 3 copies if he’s on a medium base). I'll also send you a copy of the card when it goes into production.
•The character will become a permanent part of the Twilight range and you will have placed your mark on the world of Anyaral!

I've allowed a bit longer for delivery on this one, but if she’s done earlier then I’ll send her straight away! The Engineer pledge will be £250 and you can add any other pledge levels by simply adding the value to the total. 

* The small print… As you may have noticed, I'm quite picky about what goes into this little world I've created! In the highly unlikely event we can’t come to an agreement on the initial sketches then you will have the option to cancel your pledge and I’ll return the Engineer pledge value (less fees). This really wasn't an issue last time!

And a bit of an Easter egg...

loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 10:50:03 am »

Grishak Update

I thought you might like to see a quick work in progress shot of the new grishak jenta... I hope you like how they are turning out! I've also updated the front page with details of how to get hold of these little 'beauties'.

loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 08:36:19 am »

Just 2 days to go! Yikes!

It's a big update today, but there is lots to do! We finally announce the winner of the contest, unleash the Dompak Riders, ask for help with what last minute figures to add and announce the next stretch goal (in case we need it)!

Casanii Character design contest!

First up I would like to announce the winner of the Casanii Character Creation Contest! I have to say that all five entries succeeded in capturing the essence of the Casanii and would fit wonderfully in the world. I’ve struggled to choose a winner, but I’ve ended up just choosing the figure I most want to sculpt and play with in the game… Seb ‘Taelan’ Stuart’s On’saa.

The blade wielding On’saa will be a fun addition to the Casanii forces, exemplifying the speed and combat prowess of the Casanii.

As for the other entries? I’m really tempted to add them all to the range in some form, although I’ll take a little longer to make sure they look just right. I certainly want to sculpt Jake’s little inventor with his carrier-mutts…

I'll sculpt the On'Saa over the next month or so and you can add a metal copy of him to your pledge for £5.

(There may be the opportunity to get him cast in resin as a special edition piece, but if I do that I'll give you the opportunity to pay a little extra to upgrade at that stage or stick to the metal version).

The Feral Dompak Riders

The feral tribes have never been averse to taking the occasional risky strategy to prove themselves, but there are those who manage to excel at the crazy ideas! The dompak riders set out to capture the mighty dompaku by luring the beast beneath the branches of the joaba trees where their tribe-mates are waiting in the branches. These foolhardy youngsters drop down on their target armed with nothing more than a crudely made harness that they quickly loop around the long neck. This approach is far from safe and it is not unusual for the unfortunate ferals to be trampled beneath the powerful hooves. However, if they are successful in controlling the beast then they have a powerful platform from which they can fight!

One of the young casanii will take control of the dompaku while others will cling to its back, using the raised platform to their advantage when hurling stones at their enemies and to inspire the other ferals in the band.

This is one of those projects that was probably a bit foolish, but that I simply couldn’t resist doing! The model will be cast in resin, although it might end up with some metal components. It will have at least three riders (controller and two slings), but might have another one as well as a bunch of baggage. The model will of course be playable (although I’m not sure if he will have cards in the main deck – if not then I will sort cards for you eventually)!

You can add him to your pledge for £30!

The final stretch

As we near the end of the campaign there are still so many things I would love to do to round out the force! These are ideas that I’ve been mulling over, but that aren’t actually sculpted yet… I’m cautious about adding models to the campaign that haven’t actually been sculpted yet, but I’m confident that I could do a good job of a couple of these in the available time. I’m struggling to decide so I would love to hear a few more opinions (which I may of course ignore…).

Which would you like to see done? I’ll announce the last couple of releases tomorrow and you will have the opportunity to add them to your pledge (or play it safe and add them later through the pledge manager…).
•Shaman – this would be moderately good in combat, but would be more of a supporting model with Tactician and Inspire type abilities.
•Atlatl wielding warriors – a variant on the basic warriors, but carrying spear throwers rather than the standard spears and shields.
•Blade warriors – a variant on the basic warriors, wielding a pair of curved blades.
•Tracker – an elite scout equipped with the standard bow, but with a few more tricks up his sleeves.
•Feral slings – a couple of ferals wielding slings to give the feral packs some ranged options (aside from those hanging off the side of the Dompaku…)

New Stretch Goal - Casanii Accessories

We are making good headway towards the £6,000 stretch goal, so it’s a good time to announce what else we are working towards… If we can get to £7,000 then I’ll do a set of themed accessories for the Casanii. The set will include some laser-etched dice, a set of resin combat stones and a set of stamina counters. The combat stones will of course be a bit different to the previous sets, with a nice elegant rounded feel to them. I’ve been having a play with sculpting them already and I think they will work really well!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 03:40:27 pm »

The On'Saa is definitely the best entry. Not only was it beautifully presented, I also like the fact it isn't an unique character but a title.
Congratulations Taelan!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 08:57:33 pm »

It's the final day of the Casanii of Anyaral Kickstarter!
There's still time to get involved if you REALLY need a heroic looking warrior-lizard riding a huge bird-lion...

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: