The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 08:03:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Casanii have arrived on Kickstarter  (Read 18420 times)
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 09:07:42 pm »

Just 24 hours to go!

It’s been a great ride so far, thanks to you all! Now we are in the final stretch so it's a last chance to spread the word if you haven't bored all your friends already!

Project progress and more stretch goals!

Last night we managed to reach another stretch goal so I’m going to be sculpting a new Feral to accompany the grishak jenta! She’ll be a unique, named character and certainly a little bit crazy and dangerous (I’m quite tempted to name her after my eldest daughter…). I’m afraid there’s not much more to show yet, but if you are mad enough to trust me you can add her and the two new grishak to your pledge for £10!

I’m really hoping we get to £7,000 so I get a good excuse to do some accessories!

The observant of you might notice that I've finally got an icon for the Casanii - Seb Stuart has done the honours again (he previously did the dhogu icon)! (but I promise that had nothing to do with him winning the character design contest - the On'Saa is just awesome).

In the unlikely event that you all get really carried away then I’ll add another stretch goal to get some postcards of Laura’s artwork…

The Shaman 

Last night I asked you what extra model I should add in the final hours and there’s been an almost unanimous request that I sculpt a shaman… Who am I to disagree?

When Laura first started drawing the Fubarnii she sent me the following sketch, which immediately sold me on the fact that she really understood how they should look and feel!

The Casanii in the image struck me as being a great basis for a shaman and has been at the back of my mind since… I think she would need more ‘stuff’ (that’s a technical term), but I liked the lean feel to her.  What do you all think?

I’m going to work with Laura to refine the character and she’ll probably look completely different once finished, but if you would like to add her to your pledge she will be £6 for the metal model. In game terms she will be a relatively cheap elite who will enhance your force, but won't be particularly combat oriented!

loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 10:02:55 am »

Another stretch goal reached overnight! Smiley
The Casanii accessories will be £6 and will contain at least: 2 Casanii dice, 12 combat stones and 10 stamina counters.
You will also be able to add these to your pledge after the campaign once I've got some test casts of the combat stones and I've got the designs sorted for the dice so I can firm up on the contents!  Smiley

loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 10:06:00 am »

loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 03:00:14 pm »

Six hours left.........
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 08:18:27 pm »

There's one hour to go, so I guess this will be the last update before the end of the campaign!

Thank you all so much for joining in over the last couple of weeks. I’ve spent the best part of a year slowly bringing this force to life before tentatively launching it into the world and it is incredibly gratifying to see them accepted so enthusiastically! We reached our 100th backer today, which is frankly astonishing!

I think no small part of the success goes to Joe’s incredible paintjobs that really bring my little (and not-so-little) sculpts to life, so there is an extra big thank you to him. He’s working on his own equally mad project at the moment, so I thoroughly recommend you check out his ‘Odyssey’ when it launches in the next couple of weeks. He will also be at Salute (on the stand just next to mine), so feel free to drop by and tell him how much you love his work!

I’ll be continuing to work on the Casanii even once the campaign is over. I’ve got the Dompak riders to finish (I’m going to have a lot of fun detailing the harness!) then the Grishak Feral, the On’Saa and the shaman to sculpt. There are a few other little bits I’m tempted to do (maybe those atlatls or an elite scout…), so keep an eye on future updates!

As with the last campaign there have been lots of people who have helped immensely with the campaign and I would like to have a way to say thank you by giving them the title of ‘Champion of the Casanii’. Firstly, those people will certainly get a mention when I finally do the next book (even if that is in a few years’ time…). In addition, last time I did a little bonus sculpt and I’m thinking I will have to do the same again. Everybody who has been enthusiastic enough to back for £150 or more will automatically be a Champion - thank you!

I will do an update once the dust has settled to announce all the champions and give some details for the bonus sculpt…

I’ll be heading to Salute in London in a couple of weeks’ time! It’s always an amazing day and I’m hoping I will get to meet a few of you (both regulars and newcomers). I’m hoping I will have a limited number of early casts of some of the basic items (Loranti, the Starter Force, Telani, the Onsegar and the Hadera) with me on the day. All going well I’ll give more details nearer the time as to how you might be able to get your hands on these early…

Now it’s time to get back to watching the clock tick down and see if we can get to £8,000…

I'm going to leave you with one last group shot of all the models that Joe has been painting!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 08:04:01 am »

What an amazing ride it was, another very successful Kickstarter. Well done!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
BossTroll
Jenta

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 07:21:31 am »

Hurah! Got my coupon and handed in my order   Smiley

- Paranoia is a comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter - Gilbran Quail, collected essays -
JohnDSD2
Jenta

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 09:34:25 am »

Me too!
Got my voucher, spent my voucher!
Anticipation levels high, very high.
Need to finish Saracen horse archers so my 'workbench' is free.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 12:20:56 pm »

Yup, it's finally all coming together!
It'll take a little while to get everything ordered and in stock, but if everything goes smoothly then I'll hopefully be able to start shipping in about a month.
BossTroll
Jenta

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 01:22:45 pm »

Yup, it's finally all coming together!
It'll take a little while to get everything ordered and in stock, but if everything goes smoothly then I'll hopefully be able to start shipping in about a month.

<tells self> patience, it's a virtue.  Grin

- Paranoia is a comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter - Gilbran Quail, collected essays -
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 01:47:54 pm »

Haven't been on the forum in a while and can't find a thread with the picture in it but just wanted to say fantastic job on the Dompak rider model by Joe as seen on the Kickstarter update - it looks amazing!  I need my kickstarter to arrive so I can get some more WoT painting in!

Ben

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 03:42:52 pm »

I've only shared that pic for the Kickstarter backers... As soon as I've got those ready for dispatch I'll show the pics off and get him available on the store!
Would love to see your take on the Dompak riders Smiley
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 09:33:17 am »

I've been shipping lots of Kickstarter parcels this week! Looking forward to getting everything sent out so I can get back to normal. And launch a new Casanii based painting challenge...  Grin
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2016, 01:48:09 pm »

oooooooh......a Casanii painting challenge you say..........

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2016, 03:23:39 pm »

Back to the colours :p

Terrain too? Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: