The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 05:05:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Casanii Kickstarter - what would you like to see next?  (Read 12208 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: March 19, 2016, 11:05:01 am »

The kickstarter has been going fantastically so far, but I've almost shown all the models that have been sculpted so far. I've got lots of ideas, but it would be interesting to hear what sort of things you would like to see!
I've got an idea for the dompaku (aka big stompy), but what else would you like to see? More for the ferals (maybe slingers)? Another character or two (although that is already being looked at with the contest...)? Variant shields/weapons for the warriors (the arms are separate pieces, so that could be an option).
Or would you like to see something in theme for the other cultures?
What do you think?
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 12:23:42 pm »

i think variant arms could be kind a neat. also the idea of expanding the ferals appeals.... maybe something more in between a feral and fully initiated casanii. a step up from brave?

and of course there is the unladen baruk I would love to have to throw into my herds.   Grin   Smiley   Wink   though I don't know how much that would appeal as a kickstarter option.
derekkinsman
Administrator
Hatchling

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 12:54:18 pm »

I think I would also say variant arms, weapons, and shields. But I mostly have negative feelings towards stretch goals. They tend to cause more problems than they're worth. I won't name names. Wink

I wouldn't mind seeing the reference sheet and cards added to The Newcomer. Or adding units that aren't part of the starter set, to the starter set.

I'm okay with creators wanting to fund X and not need to continuously heap other things on top of it once funding happens.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 01:30:22 pm »

Well, there was a mentioning of an alternate Devanu Kopa and Grishak Jenta Wink.
The two player starter set is a bit unattractive now.
Especially for newcomers from outside the UK and EU, they would probably like to ship as much together as possible and get some additional units for both forces, even more so when two players split the pledge.
There is a lot of extra stuff for the Casanii, but none for the Devanu starter set. Also, as the regular Casanii opponent I think they deserved some love.

I would like to see a Grishak special character, combined with a Casanii character, a bit like captain Ahab and Moby Dick.
The idea comes from the Infinity Dire foes packs, an idea I like a lot.
http://store.infinitythegame.com/index.php?f=1&s=113

Also, some recent resin beasts like the Dompaku would show what the world of twilight is like better to newcomers and would make great add-ons.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:58:54 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 01:53:10 pm »

Some Reference Cards for all the figures without one e.g. Kedashi Swarm, Cren Blaak, the Casanii and all the new beasties.

As mentioned previously, a pair of Mutts as an add-on.  Smiley

I was only thinking last night that if someone got The Newcomer there arn't any add-ons for the Devanu player, so I agree with Kryptovidicus. You could possibly just make the Devanu Jenta Trio available as an add-on ?

Oh and of course, +1 on the alternate Grishak Jenta, as if that's not a surprise.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:55:01 pm by Halcyon » Logged
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 02:44:45 pm »

I do agree that the newcomer's devanu opponent needs some love, but the online store is open so if pledges could be combined with standard orders (to save the postage) then there's no need to add loads onto the actual kickstarter, which would muddy the waters as to what was new and being funded, and what was "old" stock being made available through another Chanel.

That said, I think adding the various un laden beasts would be a good option (even bundled as a herd?) as it very much fits the style and use of these figures.

Other things I'd like to see, is definitely the dompaku with howdah or some form of fighting platform.

Ferals with slings would be a good addition.

A Cassani hunter with falcons would also seem to fit. For that matter, they have no beast handlers at the moment at all.

benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 02:50:10 pm »

I like the way the kickstarter is just concentrating on one faction and not acting as a general expansion to the game.  I'd of thought this is a good way of using it to encourage new players to dip their toe rather than diluting the campaign by diversifying to the other factions.  Also the Casanii as a warband have plenty of opportunity and options to expand the kickstarter.  The whole tribal theme is begging for a shaman model (Evapilotone's character is a great design for this), although there could be a generic shaman design if a character is not enough.  Additional arm options would be good within theme, for example a blow-pipe option to give some ranged/poison capabilities in game.
You could also offer some things to the non Casanii players like maybe some tribe villagers to raid and pillage!? Or even, and I'm thinking back to the bug-hunt game I played at the Twilight game day last year here, WoT cattle equivalents and a Casanii herder to tend his travelling flock would make and awesome cattle rustling game if the figures were available! Again it'd offer up some add on options for any non-Casanii players.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope that helps.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 02:50:34 pm »

+1 on the reference cards!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 02:53:55 pm »

A Cassani hunter with falcons would also seem to fit. For that matter, they have no beast handlers at the moment at all.

+1 on the falconer idea.  Cool

F.Y.I. Casanii Scouts have Beast Handler (hence I want a pair of Mutts for mine).  Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 03:37:40 pm »

F.Y.I. Casanii Scouts have Beast Handler (hence I want a pair of Mutts for mine).  Smiley

*grabs cards* so he does!

That said, we're playing with the idea of limiting the existing scout to effectively a special character, and the trackers within the Casanii are being nerfed somewhat - the existing stats are sick, especially for the points! Not to say you won't be able to use him, just it's not the stats I was thinking of Wink

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 03:39:03 pm »

Another +1 to the reference cards.  Beyond that it would be nice to see the Dompaku turn up being ridden by a group of Ferals.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 03:39:57 pm »

You could also offer some things to the non Casanii players like maybe some tribe villagers to raid and pillage!? Or even, and I'm thinking back to the bug-hunt game I played at the Twilight game day last year here, WoT cattle equivalents and a Casanii herder to tend his travelling flock would make and awesome cattle rustling game if the figures were available! Again it'd offer up some add on options for any non-Casanii players.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope that helps.

I'd back this.

I'd like to see delgon & dhogu civvies as well - the empire range is fantastic, but it does mean it's always their lands being ransacked.

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 03:49:33 pm »

I thought I was being conservative with what I wanted to see, but after reading what everyone else suggested, I now realize I was just unambitious.   Grin Grin  I like ALL of the suggestions made thus far. but a kickstarter being what it is  I'd set my priority preferences as follows:

*  reference cards for those models that don't have them
*  unladen beasts and a casanii herder/beast handler
*  civilian casanii, delgon, dhogu, etc...
*  different arms for the casanii
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 05:17:36 pm »

Great stuff, thank you!

The Casanii are very varied, but as a starting point (for certain tribes) their herds are the great migrations of erillai, hadera and dompaku. A perfect raid game would be the casanii trying to defend a big stampeding herd of beasts from a pack of devanu.
Then again, there would be more static tribes in other parts of the casanii territories.

A shaman is sounding like a fun idea.

What arms would you like to see? Atlatls could be fun as a ranged weapon. I'm not too sure about blowpipes just yet (although always open to being convinced).

I think it would be a good idea to add a few starter set options for the newcomers pledge - I'm considering introducing a slightly larger option for newcomers who want to start slightly bigger than the minimal set I've offered so far.

As for cards? Funny you should mention those...
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 06:15:19 pm »

I would have thought that blowguns would have more likely been used as a weapon in a jungle or forested area, where it is easier to sneak up on your prey, rather than in open savannah of the Casanii. That being said, they would make a very good weapon for the Trebarnii !    Cool

I do however like the idea of the Casanii having another ranged weapon, a spear thrower (atlatls) is a good idea, I can imagine a Casanii Warrior with a spear thrower in one hand and a handful of light javelins in the other.   
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spear-thrower

For a shorter ranged weapon, how about throwing sticks, they could be used by mounted Casanii when thet are hunting small game or protecting their herds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throwing_stick

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: