The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 03:04:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Printed Traveller Compilation - what would you like to see  (Read 3788 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 04, 2016, 09:25:51 am »

In the time-honoured tradition of trying to do too much for Salute I've been pondering getting a small number of travellers printed...
My main thought is to gather together all the stats and scenarios from the last two issues, which will include all the models from the new expansion deck of cards (which I have already ordered and should be here in time for Salute). I don't think I will have time to add any new material.

Does this sound like a good idea? Is there anything else from the last few issues you would like to see included (specific suggestions would be appreciated!)?
discok3
Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 05:21:30 pm »

Having just printed out all the available Travellers I like to have solid copy to refer to and hold so I'm in the yes camp.Questions though..
Any new material not in the existing Travellers?
How much for it/them?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 05:44:00 pm »

The plan is just to stick to what is in the existing Travellers. It could be fun to add a page or two of early playtest rules (early Casanii playtest rules, nobleguard crossbow etc), but then they would inevitably end up out of date. What do you think?
I think it'll be about 24 pages and cost about £6 (which would mean you can get the cards and the latest rules for £10).
discok3
Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 09:30:01 pm »

Sounds cool
I'm in
Danu Kopa
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 05:04:33 am »

Mike
I really appriciated your discription of the different clans in the thread about choosing an army. The strenths and capabilities of each really appealed to me giving an estimation of what direction I'd like to move into innitially. It seems that a summary of each clan communicated from the clans own perspective would stimulate even more interest adding more to the backstory and history. This might be a good time to summarize all the great work to date especially after this last sucessful kickstarter?

For instance:
The Empire
Stalwart in resolve to maintain order in Anyaral, the Fubarnii empire is proud to have deposed the tyranical Devanu which once enslaved them. The wide array of forces within the empire are a match for any incumbent. Hard hitting knights, dedicated militia, and inventive engineers have risen to challenges again and again. However new emerging threats are now looming over the established kingdom. Threats that challenge the Noble leadership. It os the insightful commanders who form the backbone that stand guard against these and other emerging challenges. ( perhaps a bit more detail on available forces)
Woops its late here. Early workday. Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:29:58 am by Danu Kopa » Logged
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 09:48:13 am »

A printed compendium of the Travellers which have been released so far (minus the material which was updated for the main rule book) would be nice to have, will it be available for those of us not able to get down to Salute?

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 10:12:00 am »

Force summaries would be a good idea, as would playstyle guides - not sure they would fit in the compendium but I'll have a look.
It will be available in the store afterwards. I think it'll be in a form that should be useful as a reference until I eventually do another book in a few years' time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: