The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:56:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: And another one from The Netherlands..... :D  (Read 4805 times)
Belegar
Jenta

« on: April 23, 2016, 08:20:46 am »

Hello All,

My name is Erik (aka Belegar) I live in Capelle aan den IJssel (next to Rotterdam).

I'am so sorry I missed the Kickstarter, but I was at Salute last saturday where I discoverd this great game.

Before we entered Salute I said to my friend that I really do not want to start a new game (because I have already a lot.........)
The World of Twilight stand was one of the first stands at Salute that we walked by and the miniatures were just awsome!!
We talked a little with the crew (who were very nice! Wink), but I didn't want to spend my money because we were inside for a few minutes and I did not wanted to start a new game.....(yes you feel where this is going to..........lol)
We went on to all the rest at Salute but this game stuck with me the whole day. Grin
At the end of the day we went back for some more talks and I bought a big starter set (The Fubarnii Empire and the Casanii) a packed Belan with rider (this model is absolutly gorious!!) and I got some nice extra's!
There went my principle of not buying a new game......hahaha.

Now a week later I am reading the rulebook and started painting some Empire Knights (pics will be up this weekend!)

A little about myself:
I am 45 years old and have played miniature games for almost 25 years now.
We are playing with a local group of 8 men that are a litlle bit older....(like me Wink)
I Started in the early 90ies with Warhammer and played that till the Age of Sigmar.......... Angry
The last 5 years I started on new games: Bolt Action, Saga and Dead Man's Hand.
All three absolute great games!!

Hope to see The World of Twilight develop in a great community of players with a lot of nice new models and expansions etc.....

All the best to you all and cu around the Forum,
Erik

I get up and nothing gets me down!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 09:23:01 am »

Welcome!
So, do you know jase and boss troll, or is it just a random influx of players from the Netherlands? Smiley
Salute was a great day, glad we managed to catch your attention, even if it messed up your plan to avoid any new systems  Smiley
What colours are you going for with the Knights?
discok3
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 09:24:00 am »

Welcome to the forum..I may well have spoken to you right at the start of Salute as I remember speaking to a Dutchman who swore he wouldn't get into a new game system!I told him he was weak like all wargamers with shiny minis and he'd be back later..looks like I was right
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 11:08:18 am »

Haha, seems like many gamers are alike.
The shiny miniature syndrome is hard to resist at times.
I have far to many Games as well, but there are only a few I always come back to, World of Twilight is one of them.
Welcome to the community!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Belegar
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 11:41:59 am »

Welcome!
So, do you know jase and boss troll, or is it just a random influx of players from the Netherlands? Smiley
Salute was a great day, glad we managed to catch your attention, even if it messed up your plan to avoid any new systems  Smiley
What colours are you going for with the Knights?

Thank you Carcharoth!
I do not know Jase and Boss Troll.......yet! Smiley
But it is good to see there are more Dutch players getting into this game.

I do not know the colour of the armour of my Knights yet.
A lot of people do red or blue, I guess I would like something different, maybe Dutch Orange? Wink

Welcome to the forum..I may well have spoken to you right at the start of Salute as I remember speaking to a Dutchman who swore he wouldn't get into a new game system!I told him he was weak like all wargamers with shiny minis and he'd be back later..looks like I was right
Yes, I do remember you DiscoK3!
Good to see you here at the Forum and you were right, I was weak...........but I do not regret it!(haha)

I get up and nothing gets me down!
discok3
Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 11:45:47 am »

Thought I remembered you Erik
Look forward to seeing your projects unfurl
Cheers
Kev
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 03:26:16 pm »

I do not know the colour of the armour of my Knights yet.
A lot of people do red or blue, I guess I would like something different, maybe Dutch Orange? Wink

There is a Twilight Painting Guide http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=1926.0 which might give you some ideas.

A lot of people are doing their Empire Knights red (the official colour if there is such a thing) and their Orel Knights blue (the official colour was grey but we wanted more colour Grin ).

Mike liked the blues everyone was doing for Orel, so he added it to the guide.  Smiley

As the Fubarnii Empire is made up of lots of clans, if you want Knights with Dutch Orange armour, that create your own clan and go for it !  Cool

Danu Kopa
Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 05:13:59 pm »

Welcome Erik - Belegar
I too try to not get into any new games, except those that truely inspire me. I was hooked from the moment I found the latest kickstarter. The forum, free downloads, and the backstory of the game have only deepened that appreciation. We must follow our heart. Ha Ha.  Cheesy
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 07:35:02 pm »

Orange knights sound fun!
There are quite a few different shields now, so if you fancy some specific ones then let me know and I'll pop them in with that missing base.
(Struggling to post the image... I'll keep trying!)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 07:01:48 pm »

A belated welcome from me! Sounds like the making of a lowlands community is in the offing!

BossTroll
Jenta

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 02:54:00 pm »

Welcome Belegar  Smiley
Another dutchie travels to Twilight

(I knew I should have gone to Salute. Can't wait for my stuff to get here.)

- Paranoia is a comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter - Gilbran Quail, collected essays -
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: