The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 10:47:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Preepree?  (Read 5897 times)
M4ttyMatt
Jenta

« on: April 26, 2016, 06:00:11 pm »

Hi all, just a quick question I have found whilst wandering around the forums and the chronicles.

What on earth is a Preepree? Perhaps someone can direct me to a page or something describing it? Or perhaps give me a brief explanation and where to find a picture?

Thanks =)

darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:10:11 pm »

You can see the preepree here:

http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=1789.0

It's now only available as a show special I believe......

darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »

The nobles keep them as pets  Smiley

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 06:26:31 pm »

A few years back I ran a creature creation contest. One of the winners was an idea for a very pampered little pet called a preepree. It is exhorbitantly expensive and they have been bred to have ornate crests. I think a large part of the expense of owning a preepree is the small staff of vets required to make sure they don't accidentally die from whiplash...
I did a little sketch, then a little sculpt.
The preepree is not available to buy (I would have to charge a ludicrous price for such a rare beast), but they tend to be available as freebies at shows (or if you ask very politely when making a reasonably large order).
There is also a special trophy version that is given out as a prize in contests.

I was going to link to the original entry but it looks like the creature creation contest predates the forum... It might be about time to launch a new one!
M4ttyMatt
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 07:18:47 pm »

Thanks! That's cool to know. May have to put a big order in then xD
Belegar
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 08:21:50 am »

Damn......if I had known what a unique creature the Preepree was I hadn't choose a Alideku as my Freebie choice at Salute.......... Grin

I still like my new pet, here is a pic:

Next time that Preepree will be mine!! Wink

I get up and nothing gets me down!
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 10:17:07 am »

You did well with the Alideku - a pet actually prepared to stand beside his master in a fight, rather than have to be protected while sitting on a pillow at home 24/7 like the Preepree;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:40:25 pm by TuffSkull » Logged

Belegar
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 11:46:29 am »

Haha, thanks TuffSkull,
I am still very "green" in The World of Twilight and reading as much as I can.......... Wink

But I do like a pet more that can fight than rather sit on a pillow, so maybe I made the right choice unintentionally........ Grin

I get up and nothing gets me down!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 12:12:09 pm »

Tuffskull didn't actuall say it could fight, just stand near its master...
The alideku is also a rare and valuable pet. Possibly not as reknowned as the preepree, but there are breeders who prefer the (slightly) less inbred breeding stock of the alideku!

As with the preepree, the alideku is also a limited release (and at the moment it's a lot more exclusive...).
Danu Kopa
Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 02:23:59 pm »

Oh cool! I had not seen the Alideku. It's very cute. My niece's kids will really like this game. Abby 12, Raine 10, and Riley 8 are like our grandchildren. Since Norma and I don't have any kids they fill that role.

I sometimes make up miniature's games. The last one was a zoo game where they managed a section of the park. They could trade animals, and buy animals from other parks. Norma even played. If they collected a pair then on the next turn they got a free juvenile. They all had a lot of fun though Riley seemed to enjoy driving the delivery truck around the park the most. Ha ha.

I digress. Thanks for shareing the Alideku!
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 05:19:08 pm »

You did well with the Alideku - a pet actually prepared to stand beside his master in a fight, rather than have to be protected while sitting on a pillow at home 24/7 like the PriPri Wink

When you put it this way, I want to become a Preepree in my next life Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: