The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 01:29:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Howdy from London!  (Read 4288 times)
Gantoris
Jenta

« on: May 12, 2016, 09:14:31 pm »

Hiya folks, i finally caved and bought into this Twilight thing-a-ma-jig at Salute and thought i should inflict myself upon this forum!

Mike gave me a pretty good deal on 2 small armies and all the rules ect and im really looking forward to painting them up and actually playing a game ASAP, im a painfully slow painter so will be a while till i can get involved but once ive finished the last few Gremlins i bought last year (Shameless self plug... http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/649231.page) i hope to start trying to contribute to this community as much as i can.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 11:14:39 pm »

Welcome!

At risk of throwing you in he deep end:-
Have you heard about the Twilight day happening in June? It's in Guildford, so a pretty easy ride from London and you don't need to worry about having figures ready - there will be plenty of forces spare for people to use throughout the day if you just want to come along and enjoy a day of gaming, captained by the main man himself (which generally means storylines for the games, and good chances to poke him about additions you'd like to see in the futur.

Great work on the Malifaux force btw - Gracie in particular. I'm thinking I could use one of those as my iron beast in my upcoming halfling army.... But that's another topic again! I look forward to seeing what you do within he twilight rage.

Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 11:46:21 pm »

Thanks for the kind words, Malifaux is a great game with fantastic minis cant recommend it enough! Gracie definitely has a 'fling vibe going on, can see it fitting in well with em!

I had heard about this Twilight Day and i am interested, it would be great to be able to play a few games and meet some of this little community Mike has managed to build. He did mention that would be some painted figures available for folks to use which is great because i am painfully slow, far to easily distracted and in need of someone with a sharp stick to keep me in line! Ive got 4 more Gremlins to paint and ill have a pretty respectable lil force to be going along with then im gonna be 100% Twilight for a bit, really eager to get stuck in.
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 01:12:43 pm »

Welcome!  Smiley

Nice Gremlins dude plus those bases and mushrooms would work very well in Twilight aswell  Cool

Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 01:53:55 pm »

Thanks Smiley, am pretty happy with how my muddy swamp bases have come out. I think for Twilight im gonna have Grassland type bases for Empire and Desert for the Devanu (Those are the 2 armies i bought at salute).
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 10:10:02 pm »

Welcome!
Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 11:39:03 pm »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print