The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:17:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick rules question...  (Read 2945 times)
Gantoris
Jenta

« on: May 15, 2016, 04:22:46 am »

So ive finished reading the rule book and i love it, haven't played yet but everything seem fast and straight forward with plenty of room for tactical depth. One thing that confused me a little and came up several times was references to doing things in order of initiative for example when a combat starts it says "When a combat counter is drawn players take turns in order of initiative to select models..." this baffles me as the turn order is random and determined by whose stone was pulled out of a bag. Maybe im just being simple but i dont quite grasp what it means by "initiative", if a combat starts its because an orange stone was randomly drawn so who has the initiative there?
Belegar
Jenta

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 08:36:56 am »

Hello Gantoris,

I know I am not the best person on this forum to answer your question:
1. because I played just one game so far and
2. my english is not so good that I maybe confuss you with my explanation......... Grin

We had the same thing when we played it, but we thought that the stone that was drawn before the combat stone is the one who has the initiative!
So, every time you draw a stone, the stone before that lose the initiative!
I hope I make sence and please correct me if we played it wrong? Cheesy

I get up and nothing gets me down!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 09:15:53 am »

Belegar is correct! The last person whose stone was drawn has the initiative (see p14 of chronicles).
If you are playing with more than two players then the order is determined by the order in which the most recent stones were drawn.
If a combat counter is drawn first then you have to remember who had the initiative at the end of the last turn.
Does that help?
Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 11:46:04 am »

Yes thanks both of you, re read page 14 and its making perfect sense now.
Belegar
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 12:51:14 pm »

Grin

I get up and nothing gets me down!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: