The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 12:56:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Day 2016 - Registration now open!  (Read 12605 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: May 25, 2016, 08:36:49 pm »

With one month to go I have now opened up registration for the Twilight Day!

The event is taking place on Saturday 25th June (I've double checked the date this time...) at the Park Barn Centre in Guildford and registration is £10. Everybody who attends will get a goody bag.

Plus, if you register before the end of the month you will get a bonus figure in your goody bag - Little Loranti! A pint-size version of the infamous traveller (albeit without a parasol...)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 06:36:24 pm »

Don't forget to register if you want to make sure you get a copy of little Loranti on the day! We've already got a good number coming along  Smiley
Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 12:12:20 am »

Ordered my ticket 6 mins late Sad
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 07:36:46 am »

Ordered my ticket 6 mins late Sad
Don't worry, you will get a little loranti  Smiley
Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 01:59:29 pm »

Hurray!
Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 11:53:39 pm »

Im curious, how many people have bought a ticket?
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 10:55:50 am »

me  Cool

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 01:49:26 pm »

I think we're at about a dozen from what mikes said to me. He's had less than tat purchased thus far but besides anyone else, the Guildford members ourselves are pretty poor at pre- registering and that makes a fair few more hopefully  Roll Eyes

Never going to be a massive event, but a nice size for a small system I think - might actually get the chance to talk to most of you!

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 02:48:04 pm »

Can we make a vote for next years location? I'm for Austria Wink Anyone else? no... damn Cheesy
Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 04:42:02 pm »

A small event is cool, easier to get to know people and chat about the game.

Whats the food/drink situation? Is there munchies to buy on sight/nearby and will alcohol be available if acceptable or is it more of a quieter family friendly type affair?

Just to be clear i am not bothered by any of this just trying to get an idea in my head what to expect and how much spending money i should put aside for this lil expedition.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 02:50:19 pm »

A small event is cool, easier to get to know people and chat about the game.

Whats the food/drink situation? Is there munchies to buy on sight/nearby and will alcohol be available if acceptable or is it more of a quieter family friendly type affair?

Just to be clear i am not bothered by any of this just trying to get an idea in my head what to expect and how much spending money i should put aside for this lil expedition.

It's a community Center so there's not much available in site as such beyond space, gaming boards and scenery!
The club has a snacks box stored amongst our scenery there (generally cans of coke etc, water, crisps, chocolate) which will be available, but that's all there is on site, other than tea and coffee which hopefully we'll remember to do this year.

Tesco is just around the corner, whether you head there on route or when we break, there'll be plenty of time. Equally, at other weekend club events we frequently end up doing a pizza order on masse - whatever people fancy, but not directly available on site.

Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 03:42:30 pm »

Okie Dokie, sounds like will be fun cant wait to play the game!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 09:37:56 am »

We had a similar number last year, which let us do a nice structured story campaign. I'll be sending out an email to everybody who is coming to get culture preferences to see if we can get three reasonably teams (delgon/dhogu, empire and devanu). The Casanii will then act as a bit of a wild card culture - with each of the teams getting to play them a bit each round.

I would definitely recommend grabbing lunch on the way in - it would be a shame to have to head out during the day. Pizza could be an option though...

We had tea and coffee available last year. No alcohol though - most people are driving.

I'll take preorders if anybody would like to order models, or I can bring along a small selection of bits on request. I won't bring the full range though as I want to spend my time focused on the games!
Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 03:21:31 pm »

That all sounds pretty cool, lookin forward to it.
Danger Frog
Jenta

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 12:24:41 pm »

I'm really looking forward to this event now. Just got to decide what bits to preorder and finish painting the remaining models in my Dhogu force.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: