The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 09:23:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Andover UK  (Read 3821 times)
Ekim
Hatchling

« on: August 13, 2016, 04:43:13 pm »

Another member of ARBBL joining the fantastical world of Anyaral.
 Grin

First models ordered. Having read the stories have gone for Orel and traders.

Looking forward to designing and building scenery and terrain for the Orel.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 07:21:33 pm »

Welcome!
The Orel are proving popular at the moment!
Ekim
Hatchling

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 09:14:06 pm »

A big thank you to Mike. When you said awaiting for more Orel I was thinking weeks before getting my models not days.
Much obliged for the balancing of packaging.

First part done detach & defur counters.

Tuesday played another scenario against Moodygit swapping forces over for the second game.

This is the first tabletop miniature game I have played where you think realistically and logically about the scenario set up and play through. The whole game naturally generates a story.

I have never asked Fate for so much help during a game as when drawing of the activation.

Thank you again.

benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 01:41:22 pm »

Hi Ekim,

I'm in Andover but haven't made it over to the local club yet (despite having been here for a few months now). I might pop down net week if I have time.  Is it ok to just turn up out of the blue or are most of the games pre-arranged?

Cheers,
Ben

Ekim
Hatchling

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 06:42:51 pm »

Hi Ben
Most are pre planned between members on our website. But you can still turn up at random.
If want to sign up drop a note on our Facebook first then apply for registration on the website.

Gary (Moodygit) is taking me through Twilight at the moment ready for a map / story / events series of games. At the ideas stage at the moment.
Need to get a map of Anyaral with distances sorted first.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 04:10:42 pm »

Great to hear Ben's painted models might see a little more action - they are fantastic (if a little unorthodox!).
Start a thread on here if you want ideas and/or feedback for your map! Did either of you get the A3 map from the first Kickstarter?
Ekim
Hatchling

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 12:20:13 am »

No original map but have downloaded a copy.

Wish to use a variation of the travel and settlement event chars from Quest linked to the distance travelled across Anyaral.

Thinking that the trader would walk 2 or 3 mph or ride at 6 mph could then map out travel times between cities. Varying towns and villages depending on what region.

If central then villages, towns and cities would be close where you could get to a market town and back in a day, similar to medieval Britain. This area would have more settlement events.

If wastes then more like weeks between water holes similar to Sahara. Having more travel events.

The events would dictate the scenario to be played and if there is any temporary bonus/hindrance to a players retinue.

Still milling the ideas around in my head but hope to have a basic structure in the next few weeks. Will post in separate thread in relevant category.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: