The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 01:35:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Easter releases  (Read 10202 times)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 16, 2017, 06:44:55 pm »

Perhaps this has already been explained or discussed on Facebook, but I have a few questions about the new Easter releases.
1. Belomoch Dre Hearn is clearly an engineer, but does he belong to a certain faction?
2. The new kritters are absolutely lovely and I can't wait to paint these. But I was wondering, are these herd or solitary animals?
3. The Arbok mentions them being ridden by small trebarnii. With both the larger brute and now smaller riders within the same community, this is very different from the fubarnii communities. While there are some major differences between the many different ethnic groups, this doesn't seem to be so profound as with the trebarnii (which were once labeled as proto-fubarnii). Is this a matter of breeding by the Kedashi or is there another explanation?

Thank you for answering in advance!
Cheers
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:53:24 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 08:10:18 am »

Well spotted with the store updates - I'm slowly getting there!

1) Belomoch is from teral, but for the moment will just be a 'empire -  core' model, so anybody can use him.
2) I imagine flocks (?) of the Elroga perched on cliff side rocks, or sitting alone... it was a sculpt I did for fun so I don't have any plans! The abrok live in small herds in the undergrowth of the forests of naralon.
3) I think you've got the general idea there! I'm looking forward to expanding on them and explaining more. I'm not exactly sure what the riders will be like...
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:27:19 am »

Ohhh... sneaky releases...

Danger Frog
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 02:18:54 pm »

So can we pre-order some of these for collection at Salute? Gotta get me some new bugs and critters, and maybe a few models that actually go in my forces.  Grin

Also can Twilight Points be exchanged for cool freebie bowl picks? I really want some random baggage etc for a few conversions I have planned.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 07:16:04 pm »

Well spotted with the store updates - I'm slowly getting there

Well, you warned me when I asked about a Salute pick-up.
I love the fact you even added a store or show pick-up option at the shipping part.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 07:32:31 pm »

Yes, you can spend Twilight points at the show - I'll take my box of random extras for you to have a dig through if you like.
And you can certainly do preorders. Things may change a bit between now and then, but it's nearly there... One or two things might get a little cheaper or more expensive as I've messed around with the pricelist a little, but just point out if you notice anything has got cheaper after you preorder!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 08:07:51 pm »

2) I imagine flocks (?) of the Elroga perched on cliff side rocks, or sitting alone... it was a sculpt I did for fun so I don't have any plans! The abrok live in small herds in the undergrowth of the forests of naralon.

For me, your 'fun' projects are part of the appeal of World of Twilight. Not only are these great for scenarios (I can already imagine a battle between some Engu protecting the Elrogas and some hungry Devanu), dioramas or scenery, but they also make this game so different from almost every other game.
It shows a different world, one which isn't entirely filled with the same boring trees and warring factions, but also with flora and fauna very unlike our own.
In this Anyaral is more akin to a Roleplaying setting than a wargame, ... And I love it

It does mean I need some more of both in the future though  Wink
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:15:50 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Danger Frog
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 09:28:54 pm »

Yes, you can spend Twilight points at the show - I'll take my box of random extras for you to have a dig through if you like.

Just placed a pre-order and yes I'd love to have a rummage in your box of random stuff  Grin
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 07:38:04 pm »

Having missed Salute (I'm not jealous honest Cry), my order from the website arrived today.

Nice set of new figures.

I really like the new Devanu figure. This got me thinking, the Devanu could really do with some love... Some more characters would go well. Even a Grishak character would be interesting!

I also like the Abrok. Looking forward to trebarnii riders. Though it will be interesting to see how they fit into the force, as standard cavalry don't really lend themselves to forests. Perhaps they are hit and run, ambush type troops - mounted archers perhaps or mounted javelin troops?

So many questions... Grin
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 09:34:59 pm »

I really like the new Devanu figure. This got me thinking, the Devanu could really do with some love... Some more characters would go well. Even a Grishak character would be interesting!
I agree, it's been a while since they got a new release (apart from the alternate Grishak jenta that is). While the other factions seem to get some expansions all the time.
One of the reasons for this could be the fact they aren't really participating in the main storyline.
We know Arak-Katain is looking to slay one of the Enarii (he had his chance to face 3 of them at Salute, but instead opted to run after some tasty bugs Smiley.), but there was no further mention of him actually doing anything about it.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 11:06:37 am »

I have been slacking on the devanu front - their section of the display at salute was looking a bit sparse compared to overcrowded other parts...
Arak's story will be important, but I keep getting distracted by the other parts of the world! The devanu also work really nicely as a force, so it's a challenge to come up with new stuff that complements that. I have got some ideas though...

I haven't figured out what the trebarnii cavalry will be like yet, but I'll get onto that. This week I've been distracted starting on the kedashi queen.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 04:53:58 pm »

Oh, a kedashi queen ... that's a mini I'd love to see!

As for the Devanu, it would be nice to get more beasts to run with the pack.
Also, as devanu jenta got very distinctive roles, these can be translated into more versatility for the sempa/kopa profiles.

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 07:50:45 am »

Started painting my new minis.

Here is a quick WIP shot of the Elroga

I was inspired by a Dhogu Warlord's Yartain paintings. That got me thinking about penguins, auks, etc that have a semi aquatic lifestyle. They are often black above, white below. The Engu needed a reason to revere them, hence the colourful 'beak' inspired by puffins. I was quite pleased with the results. Might have to get a 'flock' of them now! Embarrassed
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:14:44 pm by serin » Logged
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 04:15:28 pm »

That's some beautiful work Serin and a well thought through colourscheme.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 04:54:27 pm »

Great stuff! Now it just needs to perch on some craggy rocks by the sea  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: