The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:49:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Kedashi queens playtest  (Read 13729 times)
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 10:00:00 pm »

Agree that it was a very specific scenario, any other one where the group needs to be mobile would likely not work - but we'll be testing that as well.

Sorry, no reports for this week: our gaming room (read: the gazebo in the garden) collapsed… Hopefully we'll be back next weekend.
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 10:01:02 pm »

Mike,

Any idea when the Kedashi queens are likely to be available to order in the shop?

Cheesy
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 10:39:13 pm »

Battle Report #6 - Two Young Queens

Only one quick game today, as my opponent (being a student) stays up all night and wakes up at dusk. We played Inferno! again, the goal being to force the Kedashi out of their forest and see how they perform in the open.

The Kedashi: two young queens; a bagrun with a Trebarnii boss as a handler; and 16 frenu.

The Delgon: 2 KalMalog, a NuraSen with 2 KalDreman; a NuraKira with 2 KalDreman; a KalGush and a KalDruKar.

Deployment: the Delgon go first, followed by the Kedashi. The Kedashi deploy as close as possible to the Delgon, and make sure to put a wall of trees in-between.

Turn 1: Everyone advances towards the hill.

Things get serious in turn 2. The Kedashi go first, and the Frenu bombing begins. As they are tiny creatures, they do not trigger the KalDreman’s defender ability, so the NuraSen has to defend itself, with its one stone against the Frenu’s three.

Needless to say, the KalDreman bodyguards go quickly.

At that stage, the queens recall the Frenu…

… only to send then in again immediately. This is all to much for the NuraSen.

At the end of turn 2, what remains of the Delgon has reached the hill.

The Kalmalog starts turn 3 with an assassination attempt on the Bagrun.

Disaster! The Bagrun manages to dispatch the KalMalog!

It is not looking good for the Delgon, as the Frenu attack once more.

Again, the bodyguards go quickly.

They are followed by the NuraKira. Only one KalMalog remains – that is the end for the Delgon.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:01:26 am by fikster » Logged
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 11:04:08 am »

Battle Report #5 - Two Young Queens

For that one we played Chance Encounters – pretty basic.

The Delgon - NuraSen Plutom with 2 KalDromar; a NuraKira with 2 KalDromar; a KalGush and a KalDruKar for shooting goodness; 3 KalJoran for added protection; and a KalMalog for attacking ahead.

Now for the Kedashi: two young queens (yes, this time around the Seldoath wanted to play a queen. I swear, until that guy gets his own rules we’ll never be in peace); a bagrun with a Trebarnii boss as a handler; and 16 frenu.

The terrain, quite simple.

The Kedashi deploy first. They settle inside the forest, and the queens add some more for good measure. The Delgon deploy next.

First turn, the Delgon advance while the Kedashi stay put.

It’s the Kedashi’s turn and the bombing begins. The KalGush is the first to go.

The bombing continues. The Delgon resist well for a time, however NuraSen Plutom himself is soon under threat.

The NuraKira approaches and lends his KalDromar, while the KalMalog advances towards the queens : it is enough of a threat that a bunch of frenu are sent in to deal with it, without success.

The Trebarnii boss is sent in: mistake. He gets squished under the Kalmalog’s mechanical feet. Meanwhile, more Delgon approach.

The bombing continues, and NuraSen Plutom finds himself alone, his bodyguards having perished under the onslaught.

The KalMalog then attacks the Bagrun, without luck.

It then turns its attention to one of the queens, but again fails to hurt her.

Meanwhile, NuraSen Plutom gets bombed to death, alas.

The NuraKira follows.

That’s it –  the Delgon have been defeated, the forest remains as dangerous as ever.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:00:50 am by fikster » Logged
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 01:35:56 pm »

Great looking battles again dude!

Love the Bagrun!

fikster
Jenta

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 04:21:34 pm »

Thank you!

That Bagrun is one tough cookie (and a cool mini to paint), but we've found a limit to the madness. As flyers, the Frenu can indeed move at full speed while within terrain, however that still counts as moving cautiously. Which means they cannot charge from within the woods.

They're still very dangerous, though. Especially as even if you kill the Bagrun, it stays in place – so as long as you can stay close to the body, the bombings can carry on.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2017, 08:39:58 pm »

Really nice force there, I might steal your bagrun paint scheme Smiley I need to paint my second batch of Kedashi too. A pleasant variety to my normal "dark" and brownish forces. 
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2017, 09:54:32 pm »

Coordinated bagruns! Let me know if you want the list of colours I used.
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2017, 10:01:19 pm »

Battle Report #7 - Battle for the Tree

We wanted to check the Bagrun Death List out in the open, so we adapted The Hunt (page 83): two young queens in need of a good nest decide to kick out an ancient queen and her tribe from her tree.

The victory conditions are simple: kill the ancient queen / kill the two young queens. The other elites do not count.

The young queens, with a now familiar setup: two young queens; a bagrun with a Trebarnii boss as a handler; and 16 frenu.

The ancient queen: one ancient queen with two brutes, one kaopi, three small swarms, and 11 frenu.

Deployment

There was a lot of hesitation, as neither player wanted to move. In the end, the young queens advanced.

The swarms attack.

They both go after an intense bombardment followed by combat, but are quite successful in that they have forced the young queens to use up quite a lot of their frenu.

It is the turn of the first brute.

Another worthy death: the frenu are going quick.

It is the turn of the second brute.

It triumphs. The first queen goes.

The second queen then attacks, aided by the boss.

It finishes the second brute and retreats behind the bagrun.

The bagrun enters the fray, followed by the kaopi.

The young queen and the boss have other ideas.

But so does the ancient queen: it jumps on the remaining young queen, aided by the kaopi.

And after two rounds of intense combat, the ancient queen prevails.

Notes
  • The Bagrun Death List was not very effective this time around. Being in the open was not much of an issue, it is having the ancient queen inside the forest that foiled their plans. That said, anything that left said forest was promptly bombarded without mercy.
  • The trick to victory was to force the queens to use up their frenu. It required some hefty sacrifices (two swarms and both brutes), but was worth it in the end.
  • The remaining swarm got dispersed by the kaopi in order to provide three spare frenu.
  • It was a very close game, and could have gone either way in the final round.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:02:26 am by fikster » Logged
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2017, 12:27:58 pm »

Thx, but I think I know it in general Smiley 18 years of painting teach you a bit Wink
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2017, 07:57:05 pm »

One bit I'd forgotten in the report for the Battle for the Tree: the young queens' player waited to be sure he would play last in the turn before moving in (so not doing anything until his last stone was drawn, with all the ancient queen's stones already drawn).
The first stone drawn in the next turn would be decisive for the attack. His colour got drawn, but he'd forgotten that the ancient queen is a tactician: the stone was put back in the bag, and the colour drawn this time was the ancient queen's… and the swarms were sent in.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 12:05:15 pm »

Just back from a nice (but busy!) holiday in Wales and the Lake District  Smiley
Enjoyed the battle reports - thanks Fikster!
Serin - the plan is to do a kickstarter to give the kedashi a full release. In the meantime you can always get in touch if you fancy getting some early releases so you can help with playtesting!
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 12:20:38 pm »

KS again? Cheesy Need a credit card then..…
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 09:12:20 am »

Serin - the plan is to do a kickstarter to give the kedashi a full release. In the meantime you can always get in touch if you fancy getting some early releases so you can help with playtesting!

I am seriously tempted - playtesting sounds like a good idea. THough I am not sure my battle reports would be up to the standard on this thread!

Hope it wasn't too wet in Lake District / Wales
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 02:52:31 pm »

I think the weather was better in the Lake District than it was down south! We did get utterly soaked at one point though...
Drop me an email about playtesting (m.thorp@talk21.comSmiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: