The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 05:59:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kedashi queens playtest  (Read 13731 times)
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 08:22:05 pm »

Unfortunately I cannot post pictures at present, but we've had another game; this time pitting the bagrun list of doom against the Engu: Cren Blaak, one Engu Kapa, two Harpoons, and six Axes (290 points).

The game ended in a closely fought draw, with the Engu Kapa and one of the queens killing each other (the Trebarnii boss and Cren Blaak had gone earlier in the game).

The Kedashi remain powerful. A new potential tactic for queens with depleted Frenu is to remain in the woods (where they move much faster than the Engu and cannot get cornered easily) and quietly spawn Frenu before rejoining the fray. This does not make for the most exciting games, but is effective.

A queen with many Frenu is very difficult to kill, as it can burn Frenu to use its Dodge ability repeatedly.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2017, 05:22:42 pm »

You do seem to be making them a challenging force to beat!
The ability to completely rebuild your force given sufficient time does give them a huge advantage in small elite-killing games, which is tricky to avoid... possibly queens should automatically flee if they run out of other elites to protect them...
What's the biggest game you've tried (excluding the twilight day)?
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 07:34:45 pm »

We've been playing at 300 points mostly. We also did a replay of the "tree killers" (that 4th report that I haven't posted yet…) with 450 points of Empire, 450 of Delgon and 300 of Kedashi. The Kedashi have more of a side role in that story, but were frightening (if only by reputation!) enough that the other players got quite distracted by them.

We can try a larger game than 300 (the weather is degrading where I am, so we'll need something to do  Tongue).

Overall we've found that the force is tough but not catastrophically so, as long as it is not in the woods (which makes a lot of sense - do not go into the woods, people, there are bad birds in there). So a scenario like Inferno works well, as the queens have to leave the protection of the forest and cannot go back. On the other hand, a scenario like "chance encounter" will likely end up badly for the other side.

Maybe the queens could be made a bit more expensive (60 points?) - which would in turn reduce the number of Frenu / stamina points they can afford.

Having the queens run if they run out of elites would likely spell the end of "2 queens + one elite" armies, at least around 300 points. Maybe that's not a bad thing. What is the lore? I understand that there will be many queens in a nest; but when encountered outside, do young queens tend to band together, or are they more independently minded?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2017, 10:23:54 pm »

Points cost is by far the easiest thing to tweak and even a small adjustment can make a difference.
I don't imagine queens getting involved in conflicts very often, but these are unusual times. Even the young queens are rare and precious having already lived the equivalent of several Fubarnii lifetimes (Fubarnii live about 20-25 years, I think a young queen is probably at least 50, maybe older). I wouldn't see any problem with them travelling in pairs or groups - they would appreciate the conversation.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2017, 08:09:38 pm »

I enjoyed reading these battlereports. The pictures are very clear and Is like the birdeye view on most of them. Which is very befitting for the Kadashi.
Your minis are also so fantasticaly well painted it makes going through the wall of pictures like walking through an art galery.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: