The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 10:53:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fubarnii & Devanu project  (Read 12387 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 12:47:58 pm »

Once again, excellent paint jobs! Smiley
Very different to how I expected them to look, but that's been the case with every kosok I've seen to date!
The natural splodginess of the contrasting colours is the sort of thing I imagined though and I like it a lot. The patterning on the shoulders looks just right, and I love the splashes of bright colours.
Can't wait to see a full group shot.  Grin
Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 09:01:44 pm »

Here's a couple group shots.
Eventually I'll probably want to get some of the cool Brandlin buildings, and I picked up some unusual looking fake flowers when Michael's Art Supply was having a sale that should make for some unusual trees & bushes... in the mean time this chinese temple stone looks suitable (though i want to trim its mold line & repaint it.. but for a few bucks from the pet store it's a find!

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 11:36:42 pm »

I can see that being a Devanu home actually, possibly with a nest in that top bit? It's kind of a pseudo-attempt at an old Devanu tower.

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 11:27:59 am »

Yup, those look great  Smiley

I like the random structure as well - certainly doesn't look out of place!
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 05:36:10 pm »

Here's a couple group shots.
Eventually I'll probably want to get some of the cool Brandlin buildings

Cheesy

I've just received a package of kits and am spending the evening bagging and cutting styrene tube and such like. These will be for stock to sell @ Salute as a relaunch, but for a valued Forum member i'm happy to sell direct - what do you want/need?

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 01:14:44 pm »

That's a kind offer Brandlin, thanks! Especially since there's about zero chance I may ever get to attend a salute show, at least in the foreseeable future.    Cry

Feel free to PM me with your prices- that part of your site seems to be offline now.

I loved the sound of the Homesteads- but those didn't happen, or still in design process? I'm sure I'd like at least a stables & a tower, not sure what else my budget will allow for.

Glad people liked the little chinese stone building.  One of the last times I was in the pet store they had 2 of those and my first thought was "oooh, Twilight". I always walk through that isle at any pet store.  I've found some real gems.

btw I mentioned I started a Hobby Blog, finally got around to that idea, and I have an entry up for my Devanu.. but don't think I put up the link.. here it is: http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/
 nothing really that I haven't shown here, and more of a bent toward also giving intro info since maybe people will see it that haven't run across this range & game before, but might be of interest to people here too, I'll put some process & reviews there when I get around to starting minis that I'm not already in mid-process on, like the Delgon.  Fubarnii will get some entries like the Devanu one.

Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 03:48:11 pm »

I was sure I'd ansered on this thread over the last couple of days but appears that I haven't... oops

Anyhow, excellent painting and that's a really good set up for the group shots

The Kosok are excellent

Shame about not getting to salute. I'd really like to see these up close and personal
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 07:05:34 pm »

I'm definitely going to follow your blog. Superb painting.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: