The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 09:55:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Krypto's entries  (Read 4482 times)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 26, 2018, 05:56:19 am »

As Mike has set up this subforum for the competition I decided to put my entries where they should be.
I still have quite a long way to go, but I couldn't have started earlier as I had to wait for hobby supplies and such before I could get started. On top of that I wanted to do a lot of conversions so no single model was exactly the same. It's still a savage skirmish game and it would be ashame to have a lot of identical looking models on the tabletop.

First up is my pampered Preepree.
I wanted my Preepree to have something soft to sit on, and he even looks more pampered with a servant who is trying to feed the spoiled litlle critter.
A very easy conversion as I simply had to change his brush in a spoon and put some food in his bowl.
The cushion and base have been magnetized so I can take the Preepree of and put it on a cart for whenever the noble it belongs to wants to show her off (and most likely getting ambushed on the way).
She still needs a guard, but due to the time constraint I probably won't be able to finish these during the course of the competition.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 06:02:30 am by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 02:47:47 pm »

Nice job Krypto. I really like the cushion idea. Smiley
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 10:30:12 pm »

The cushion looks super plump!
Excellent idea and execution
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »

Cool idea and some lovely colours.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 11:17:43 pm »

Thanks guys!
Unfortunately they are a bit glossier than I would like, which is especially a problem when taking pictures.
I had bought a matt varnish but after applying it, there is this Shine to them I don't quite like.

As for the cushion, it is no doubt stuffed to the maximum with one of the fluffiest materials her noble owner could buy, Preeprees are delicate creatures after all.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Mordecae
Hatchling

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 08:26:54 pm »

Haha, love the cushion!
I make have to steal that idea Wink
It's sculpted from greenstuff right? Any tips on how you did it?
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 12:13:34 am »

It's indeed sculpted from green stuff. It went in layers, starting with a blob I pressed flat, then I started building up the corners so I got a recess in the middle. Somewhere halfway through I glued the Pree-Pree into place so I could work around him. I'm certainly not a green stuff wizard and still have tons to learn, but clayshapers die help out a lot here to smooth the final layer.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:17:48 am by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 03:15:16 am »

I was finally able to finish myTrebarnii force, I think of them as an ambush force with a Kelahn as support.
Unfortunately the conversion work on them took more time than anticipated.
No offense to Mike, but I found the boss figure a bit lacking. He's more like just another Trebarnii brandishing a branch.
Off course this is just a matter of preference. Anyway, I added some bark armour and leaves to make him stand out more.
As I don't like identical miniatures in my forces I added some pouches and such to the regular Trebarnii, converting thes would have taken too much time as they are wielding their spears with two hands. One of my brutes did get a stance change though, just to make it look like he just tried to smashed something but missed (or maybe he was just hitting the ground in a fit of rage).
Luckily my howlers arrived this week and I was able to paint them up with my boss so I could show them off here.

Another fun project I did in between is another pampered beast. This as a pampered Daxu (or pest), which I'm probably going to use as the one who's accompanying Loranti.

Now on to my ferals!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 05:50:33 pm »

Superb work!
Fantastic reposing on models, particularly the brute. That is on my list of things to do!
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 07:35:59 pm »

Really nice work! Excellent basing also. Cheesy
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 01:12:20 am »

Thanks a lot guys!

The basing is actually very easy to do. Some milliput, sand, mix green and brown, drybrush and add some flock.
It's a technique I learned from Michael Lovejoy, which he showed in one of his Burrows and Badger KS updates. In the past he has shared some very useful tips which have improved my painting and sculpting when I thought I wasn't be able to improve anymore.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 01:21:23 am »

After a week of frantic painting I'm finally able to show my nearly finished Koi'Koi's children force.
I have to say nearly as I wasn't able to get Lek'saa with her four grishak jenta, Benarii (a feral sling with a slingshot) and the dompaku painted in time.
These will most likely be done in the next few weeks so I can call the force completely done (at least for a while) and start on my noble guard or devanu outcasts (who will be fully integratable in my Koi'Koi force).

I decided for a more sober colourscheme compared to the official one, because this suits my painting style better and also speeds up the painting process. For the warpaint I did some research on african bodypaint and noticed that many tribes use a kind of white paste, which is why I also used white.
Just as with my trebarnii I added a lot of pouches and such to make every one of them look unique, I also did a headswap on two of the mutts.
I must admit that Jakiin was already almost finished when I started the project.
Which means she already had her base adorned with different kinds of grass tufts.
However, I didn't take these with me to Australia which is why her base is out of sync with the bases of all the others.

The brave on the left is called Jon'aa. She's one of the bigger jenta who can be a bit of a bully sometimes, but is also fiercely protective when it comes to the younger ones. Even going against Koi'Koi's commands at times.  

I gave my devanu hunter the same warpaint as the rest to make him part of the pack, though he will join with his other outcast brethren on occasion (who will also be decorated with the same kind of paint).

For my mutts I went for an unusual dark colourscheme, where I took my inspiration from the Uruk Hai of LoTR. They are all decorated by a three-fingered white hand Smiley.

I took a break from painting yesterday as I was suffering from a ache in my shoulders from the many hours spend at my painting desk, but will get back to it later today, Lek'saa is calling  Grin.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:33:32 am by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 02:34:37 am »

Excellent work Krypto! I really like the muted tones. Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 02:35:56 am »

Thank you Tonio, glad you like them!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: