The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:18:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Krypto's Wild life  (Read 14885 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 10:39:48 pm »

Excellent! I love laughing ferret's paintjobs, so glad to see them providing inspiration  Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 12:20:25 pm »

My painting rate really is going up last month, as here are my two other painted grishak.
These were really fun to paint, and I did them in just a few hours, another quick paint job.
I like the sculpt, they have so much character and it is easy to make them look good.
Perfect for a lazy Sunday.

The one standing with his mouth open looked as if he was defending his food against other predators or perhaps others of his pack. So I added a piece of meat on his base.
As there are only two sets of legs and two bodies I tried to add some variety already, otherwise they are all going to look the same.

Excellent! I love laughing ferret's paintjobs, so glad to see them providing inspiration  Smiley
His painted Devanu look just amazing, there is no way I can copy it, but they certainly are inspiring Wink.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 12:24:03 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 04:22:10 pm »

When I started painting and assembling mini's from my KS pledge, a devanu kopa from the basic set was still sitting on my desk ... unpainted.
After I had finally finished Arak Katain, I felt a bit guilty I hadn't finished him first.
While he can't compete in the challenge, I painted him up anyway, so my starter is finished at last.

Here's my painted devanu starter set.

It seems I also have some unfinished delgon from before the KS ...  Undecided.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 07:40:11 pm »

Not sure how I've missed this thread up until now, but great work all round. Particularly like the devanu Kopa - the muted but colourful choices you've made on all the figures are inspired, but him in particular!

Mike will have to give an official answer, but I don't think the painting challenge has to be models obtained through the K.S., it's just a motivational tool and most people will have got their models that way!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 01:04:33 pm »

I really do like the look of your devanu and their grishak! There's something very satisfying when you see a different approach or colour scheme that really adds a bit to the world Smiley
The rules for the painting challenge are fairly flexible - the aim is to get people to paint up playable forces (or display pieces). They don't have to be new models, although the kickstarter sets are a good indication of what constitutes a large (starter) or small (expansion) force. Also, any paintjobs since the kickstarter began are also valid as long as you take a nice group shot of them.
If in doubt, post what you are planning to paint and I'll tell you if it'll count  Smiley

For the record, I certainly consider that little force to be valid as a small entry.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 07:40:53 pm »

Smiley Thanks!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 06:13:51 am »

With the competition underway I finally have something to work forward to again.

After the big move to Australia I found out the hobby scene over here in Adelaide unfortunately isn't what I hoped it would be. The stores I visited either had a large focus on card and boardgames or GW.
So a lot of hobbytime was spend in Skyrim instead of at the hobby table (which is just our dinnertable though since our move  Grin).

While the timing for the competition could be better (a school holiday is smack in the middle of it and I'm only just back from a trip to Tasmania) I certainly am most happy I have an excuse to paint and convert again.
I am a bit rusty though and the fact I have to rush through isn't helping either, but then I don't ecpect to win anything anyway and at least I have some painted models to play with against my sons  Smiley.

Anyway, here's some WIP:

With the ribbon I did a quick conversion on the Draxu, while the Trebarnii got some added pouches, skins and jewelry.
Just to make them look more individual. One of the brutes got his pose changed to make him look different, this wasn't so easily to do on the other Trebarnii though as they are all holding their spear with both hands.
I do have some things planned for the boss, but he's still in the greenstuff phase and I'm going to repaint my Kelahn once more.
The Kelahn will be repainted for the 3th time to be honest, as I still am not happy about the colourscheme. He was way too green.
I blatantly stole the colourscheme Joe did, as this is just briljant, but made it a bit more yellow so they look a bit more like poisoned frogs.
Again, not my best work I know, I really should take more time painting things or try an airbrush.

I also got these girls ready for some paint. Soon my hearties, soon ...  Wink
The one on the front left is my brave Jon'aa.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 06:26:50 am by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 10:32:11 pm »

Fantastic to see you painting again! Those are coming along wonderfully Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 04:47:04 am »

Thanks Mike, it feels good to do some hobby related things again.
Earlier this year I started doing Taekwondo again after not doing any sport for many years, this felt the same. When you try it again you start to realise how much you missed doing it.

Mordecae
Hatchling

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 08:25:47 pm »

Really nice work here, will be taking inspiration from this when doing my own for sure Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2019, 07:26:54 am »

Some of my Legends miniatures and painted conversions.
All the small bases were added on 20mm mdf ones, medium on 25mm and so on.
Probably going to convert the inches to centimeters when playing, although I know this isn't entirely accurate.

My unfinished tower, in need of occupants.

Trader in fancy clothing (I know he looks a bit like a hippy), the stripes on his pants are irregular on purpose as I feared his clothes would look to modern otherwise  Grin.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:05:27 am by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2019, 07:13:25 am »

My elder on belan conversion.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2019, 06:07:58 am »

To face the new Devanu threat and protect the outpost, the defenders of the Empire:

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: