The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:10:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Twilight Legends WIP  (Read 2913 times)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« on: May 13, 2019, 04:29:51 am »

Hello everyone,

It's been too long since I last posted anything meaningful on this forum, however with my Legends pledge in hand I decided to do the conversions I had planned.
Please be gentle  Grin, I'm still learning to sculpt, though I must admit I think the Legends scale is a lot more forgiving than 28mm.
Most of it is still WIP

Commander Brenar
I wanted him to look a bit more robust, so I added some green stuff to his belly and chest. At first I had planned to give him the speartip of a militia model, but I didn't like it so I made one myself.

Devanu matriarch and a WIP hatchling (with a militia model for scale)

I felt that the detail on the militia armguards was a bit shallow so I added some greenstuff to make the edges sharper.

I cut of the bottom half of a Delgon priest and put it on a miscast Belan (hence the greenstuff on the legs), then I went to town on adding details like robes and bottles. Only thing left to do is finish the lamp hanging from his staff.

This baby needs some love as he has a lot of airbubbles.

Some of the heads from the militia had broken off during transport, this does give me a good excuse to reposition them though and make the models look a bit more unique.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 04:39:27 am by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:04:23 pm »

Blimey...do you find your eyes watering sculpting at that scale Cheesy

Your works looks cracking to me matey.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:52:24 pm »

I can’t believe I missed these!
Are they going to be fine for the contest? They look amazing Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 07:09:44 am »

Thanks a lot guys!
Sculpting at this scale is actually more forgiving than in 28mm as you don't have to worry about all these tiny details.
It sure won't be my last sculpts, I was always a sucker for making each miniature different from the rest and now I'm learning to make my own unique ones.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: