The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 08:16:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello hello!  (Read 3610 times)
Gordon
Apprentice

« on: March 11, 2020, 10:56:28 am »

I'm in the tabletop hobby for about 20 years.
Collected a few Warhammer Fantasy armies. But with the end of Warhammer Fantasy I quit. Also becoming father was a reason.
Now the children become larger and larger I could squeeze out a bit of hobby time.
I've been contemplating about these miniatures for a while now. I have read the introduction of the world and the different cultures but I can't decide.
Almost all of the miniatures look cute and/or stylish. It’s a tough choice.
I hope to get some good advices because I have no idea which faction to choose.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:22:41 pm by Gordon » Logged

Ingenting undgår mig. Ingen undgår mig.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 09:15:16 am »

Welcome!
Always good to have a new visitor to Anyaral!
Asking me for my favourites is like asking which is my favourite daughter (which mainly depends which one is not yelling at that moment in time...).
The Empire are the most flexible option (and I keep getting carried away with more civilians and units). They are the closest thing Anyaral has to a human faction. They are also a relatively simple force to play, so good to start with.
The Devanu are always a fun option and work perfectly as a second culture (a handful of models will stand their own against lots of fubarnii and they have a very dynamic playstyle).
The Delgon are the main antagonists. Slightly more troop heavy, but with a steampunk vibe. They ally well with the dhogu if you are embracing the frosty theme. They also have their gods...
The casanii are popular, but you need to buy the extra rules.
The kedashi are probably better once you’ve got experience with more standard forces.
My only other advice is to check if any of the models need extra rules than those in the main book!
Gordon
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 09:24:53 am »

Good morning Carcharoth!

Thanks for the welcome and thank you for your answer. This may help a little with my decision and also I will read once more through the introduction of the world and the different cultures
and then I'll order the The Large Starter. Actually I can hardly wait to begin.

That's it for now.
Bye!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:23:29 pm by Gordon » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 06:01:39 pm »

Sounds great, let me know if you have any more questions!
If you do order, I'll aim to get anything sent out quickly in case things get even more chaotic.

Mike

p.s. Liking the avatar Smiley
Gordon
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 09:34:19 am »

Hello Mike!

I've got another question. Is there any magic in the game. Are there any spellcasters? And if so are there any differences? Thanks!

Yeah the avatar. I really like the The Dark Crystal series. The urRu remind me of your Fubarnii or the other way around. Great style!

Cheers!
Herby

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 06:06:14 pm »

There is no magic in Anyaral.
Or rather, there's roughly the same level of magic as there is on Earth, so it is a matter of opinion! The engineers do seem to manage to create mechanisms that possibly rely on some form of 'magic' and the Kedashi have an uncanny control of their creatures, but there aren't fireball throwing wizards or magical creatures.

I don't think I can deny that the Dark Crystal must have had an influence, even if it wasn't a deliberate homage for the most part (except maybe the elder...)!
Gordon
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 08:57:28 am »

No magic?! I'm outta here!....just joking!  Wink
No magic. Well that's interesting. Haven't expected that.

The Dompak and the other Casanii cavalry look appealing. But also the mentioned steampunk vibe of the Delgon. I like steampunk.

Alright thanks for further information.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:43:35 am by Gordon » Logged

Gordon
Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 01:59:16 pm »

Hello!

I have another question. Who is PreePree? My son and I found him in the shop. Starter: PreePree Protectors. Maybe we take this set. I bit of information and bigger fotos of the miniatures would be great.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 08:34:08 am »

Ahh, the preepree...
A looong time ago we ran a creature design contest and the winner was for this pampered little pet with a ludicrous creature called the PreePree. They are so valuable that only the wealthiest nobles can afford them. They’ve become a bit of a mascot for the game... the PreePree is also one of the few models in the game with a negative points cost, but some feel it is still too expensive Smiley
The PreePree protectors was a bit of a joke Force initially, but it actually plays well and has proven very popular! The toloron riders are the cavalry for the wealthy noble forces, then there are the noblest themselves and the addition of the powerful crossbows. The rules for the additional units are all in the second expansion deck and the second compiled traveler but I never mind people sharing the details (and I’m happy to share the necessary pages).
Hope that helps!
Gordon
Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 04:14:13 pm »

Thanks again Mike!

I've ordered The Great Starter including PreePree Protectors and Plutom's Mechanicals. Can't wait to put my hands on them.
Yes this thrill of anticipation.

I will start a creation blog as soon as the package arrives.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 07:36:25 pm by Gordon » Logged

Delgon Priest
Hatchling

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 02:44:39 pm »

Plutoms Mechanicals was where I started. It's a great starting force. I've been playing off and on for the last 3-4 years, and it's a load of fun.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 09:33:32 pm »

I hope your parcel is with you soon! Looking forward to hearing how you go Smiley
Gordon
Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2020, 01:02:48 pm »

They've landed. Yes yes hurray!  Cheesy

The entire lot is complete, no piece missing, and even better I found some extra goodies.

Thank you very very much Mike. First pictures will follow soon.

Cheers!

ajbartman
Hatchling

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2020, 01:39:08 am »

Welcome and hope you enjoy!  Pictures please.
Gordon
Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2020, 08:32:34 am »

Hi ajbartman,

thank you. You will find pictures on the Engineer's Workbench. http://forum.worldoftwilight.com/index.php?topic=2151.0
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 08:36:58 am by Gordon » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: