The World Of Twilight
April 16, 2024, 11:59:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 3005 times)
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« on: December 12, 2010, 07:39:53 pm »

Did youwant alternative names for the Shock Troopers, or has that now stuck? Crusaders might work, as it represents their 1337 status and abilities, and their divine backing?

Some Rules...

Shock [C]: Elect a model when you move into contact with it. This model must use one fewer combat stones than usual in the next combat round only.

The Shock troopers, I assume, are elite offensive troops (and tunnel fighters?), designed to be the vanguard of serious assaults. However, massive shield with which they are armed suggests a more defensive role. I think the above rule is a nice blend of the two. Nominally, Shock limits your opponents’ options and prevents their attacks from being as effective. However, the stipulations mean that the ability has to be used dynamically to be effective. It’s supposed to be a shield bash that stuns or at least stumps an enemy as they try and find a way round the massive shield. I don’t think that it is too powerful. Or as an alternative or additional rule, or simply a rule for another model in the future:

Turtle [C]: If all successfully cast combat stones are Oran, your save is increased by 1.

Like the opposite of Savage. However, it seems a bit tautologous: If all successful CS are Oran, they probably don’t need the save, and it could just become a stalling technique. Which while it could a valid tactic, it might not be what the game needs...

I think Danomar should have Charge. Just to be badass. However, he could also have this rule:

Death and Glory / Combined Charge [L/C] : Each model activated by this model has the charge ability, but only receives an additional 1CS instead of 2.

Requires stamina?

General Abilities

Bluff * [C]: can replace 2 successful Oran with 2 Erac, which must be recast. Do not change any other CS results. (Could be vice versa only, or either way?)

Taunt * [C]: The enemy must cast 1 / 2 / half of their combat stones first, before both sides cast the remaining stones simultaneously, as usual. (Perhaps throw one less stone yourself?)

Just some random ideas I had.

TheGremlin
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:14:56 pm »

Hmm... interesting ideas!

I've got some rules I've been playing for Danomar and the shock troopers (no, the name certainly isn't fixed. I'm toying with some more Delgon names for all the delgon troops and priests, but it might be good to maintain 'standard' names as well. Crusaders could work, but possibly sounds a tad heroic for troops that tend to get stuck in doing the dirty work) - I'll have a look for the playtest cards I made up.

Shock is a neat idea and one I'll consider. The shock troopers currently get a weaker version of charge (only getting +1), and if they aren't attacking (ie they don't choose the attack) all their oran count double. They are very annoying to play against, but don't seem too powerful so far when priced at 15pts.

Danomar has a more complex set of skills but I do really like the basic idea behind Death and Glory. He's a captain (rather than a commander), so an ability that enhances troops he activates could be perfect.

Taunt could simply force your opponent to cast all their stones first. Sounds like a good Devanu stamina ability to me.
I had originally had the rule where you could swap two successful oran for one erac, but it got removed during playtesting for simplicity. A skill that lets a player discard a successful stone and cast another one (perhaps for free, rather than as a stamina ability) could actually be quite useful.

Good ideas. Keep up the good work  Smiley
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:52:54 pm »

Awesome. I thought you probably had rules already Roll Eyes but ideas can always be recycled. In fact, I had been thinking of taunt and bluff as Devanu skills.

A unit idea I had was an Exiled Kopa; I imagine not all Kopas who are ousted are killed or badly injured, and the craftiest might be able to survive alone for a while, until they eventually die or degenerate into completely feral predators. Cue another Kopa level model with different abilities. The only trouble is the model would be by definition without faction...Perhaps a candidate for kill it with fire Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: