The World Of Twilight
April 24, 2024, 07:47:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 3774 times)
Axel Chohimajin
Jenta

« on: February 09, 2011, 09:35:44 am »

Hey everyone found this game recently after seeing some miniatures painted by the laughing ferret and wanted to use some of them for a bloodbowl team idea. Then got to looking at the rules and background and thought it looked really interesting and a break from the norm. I haven't played a game yet but hopefully will on Friday, dragging a mate down with me kicking and screaming (already showed him pics of the models, he's done for).

Also on a side note I live in Japan and my name means someone who has too much time on his hands, which ain't true but should be, hehe

nice to meet you all
Sam
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 12:09:10 pm »

Hi Sam,

Welcome!
Good luck getting a game on Friday, and I look forward to hearing how it goes. Try not to get your Kopa killed trying to assassinate a Knight captain - that's a common first game mistake  Wink

Mike

p.s. Thanks for being patient with me activating your account...
Axel Chohimajin
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:31:14 pm »

No worries man I just assumed you thought I was a spambot and needed some clarification

What I really want to know is how you knew I was going to play the devanu? Anyway thanks for the advice I'll bear that in mind, I can totally see assassinate being one of those rules that looks really good on paper but is full of epic fail when you cast.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:51:15 pm »

Yup, annoying spambots - I let at least one in with you, but it's been kicked off now!

With only three cultures it was a fair bet you might play Devanu.  Grin
They can be very powerful, but they get bogged down and tire easily. The Knight captains are also a lot nastier than they look - I've seen over-confident Devanu get taken down quite a few times without the captain even breaking a sweat...
Axel Chohimajin
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 05:10:10 am »

aargh its horrible I didn't get to play today, my friend came down with a cold and cancelled. I also wanted dice revenge on him for a game of BB that he basically couldn't stop rolling armour penetrations in spite of my wall of AV9 saurus, but thats a story for another day.

Well anyway I've got a few other bits to do as I'm going up to Sapporo tomorrow to see the snow festival with my gf, but on a related note I have though of a cool theme for a Fubarnii force based around protecting that awesome looking aged engineer and a possible campaign/ set of scenarios to go with it. So once I finished writing it all up I'll get another topic going and ask for advice from more knowledgeable persons.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: