The World Of Twilight
April 23, 2024, 04:31:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben's Traders and Baruk  (Read 4736 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: March 01, 2011, 02:03:09 pm »

Ben recently sent me through some pics of his painted Traders and their baruk. As usual, he's done a great job. You might also notice that he's got the new baruk, as well as a variant that mixes up the parts from both. Let me know what you think!

The trader with the two basic baruk.

The trader with all three baruk that Ben painted.

Both the mounted and unmounted trader - they obviously aren't impressed that they've both turned up in the same fine outfit...

One of the baruk. I particularly like the patterning that Ben did on this one!

As a little bonus here are the new shields that are going to be available so you can vary the knights a bit.
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 04:32:36 pm »

Nice! The skin patterning really adds something to the model.

TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 07:04:12 pm »

Lovely pjs. Very exotic, almost north african, however the colours don't clash, as one might exect when mixing a large palette. Something to do with the tones. I like the patterning too - are they intended to be natural markings or daubed on?
Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:22:52 pm »

Very Nice!
I like the muted colors.
*Merchant is great with his fancy outfit! I'm having flashbacks of The Partridge Family  Grin
*The version of him riding an Enuk is great.. just a simple conversion with the existing trader or make a riding blanket & widen his legs a bit? or is it a special casting?
*My favorite Baruk is the one with the dark grey pattern.. just lovely
wallybubs
Hatchling

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:56:51 pm »

I like... a lot..!

The Baruk come to life with the patterning
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 12:14:54 am »

*The version of him riding an Enuk is great.. just a simple conversion with the existing trader or make a riding blanket & widen his legs a bit? or is it a special casting?
He was a conversion I did for salute last year. He's never gone into production, but I've got a few left I'll share as prizes, or if someone asks nicely. I probably will put him into production eventually.
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 10:27:32 am »

Thanks for the commentson the pj's

I like the patterning too - are they intended to be natural markings or daubed on?
Thet are intended to be natural. The Male's marking were loosely based on reptilian markings but in hindsight do not work as well as the female's bovine inspired splodgeyness
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: