The World Of Twilight
April 23, 2024, 04:11:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Captain Danomar - painted by Ben  (Read 4013 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: March 22, 2011, 10:36:16 pm »

I've got lots to show you before Salute, so I had best get started! You've seen this guy inked before, but not painted.
Here's the current version of the fluff for the new book, so I hope you find it interesting (this may change before the book is printed):

Danomar and the Order of Relan
Of all the knights that serve the Emperor, it is the Order of Relan that are held in highest regard. The knights are allowed to ride the rare and powerful Enuk Nobilis, which tradition states are all owned by the Emperor himself.
Early in his career the young knight Danomar proved himself in the South of the Empire, slaying the mighty Tar Kisael, a Devanu Kopa that had caused terror across the lands of Larigal.
Danomar was offered a promotion in spite of his age, but requested instead that he might join the Emperor’s own Heavy Cavalry. The gall of the request amused the Emperor and he chose to grant it.
Danomar proved himself time and again and was chosen by the Emperor to lead the forces deployed on the Delgon border. He could not bare to standby during the attacks and was the first to break his oath, leading a band of knights against the Delgon in the defence of the town of Ardel.

There is one more heavy knight to accompany him - that's currently at the casters, but I should have a few in time for Salute.
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 12:19:42 am »

I have decided that Ben cheats.

He does not paint. He breeds 30mm high real funarnii and then gets them to pose for photographs!!!

On a downside I thought the enuk nobilis were albinos?

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 12:21:55 pm »

On a downside I thought the enuk nobilis were albinos?
Nope. They are a rare breed, but they aren't all white. Danomar's mount is pretty much the same colour as the paintjob Ben did on the unbridled enuk nobilis.
Glad you like Ben's paintjob though - he has done an excellent job.
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 03:40:03 pm »

*blushes*

Cheers Cheesy

Two castings of the other knight are sitting in the "to do" queue right behind another Eriali and some mountainous folk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: