The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 11:35:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello! from a brand new player!  (Read 16181 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 16, 2011, 09:36:40 pm »

Well the title says it all! Hello and im glad to be part of this game!
I attended salute today and was immediately impressed with Twilight and the unique figures in the world and so picked myself up the small starter set.
I plan to document my whole experience with this game from unboxing to painting to playing. I hope I can contribute to this game and all the players!
Also I noticed that the leaflet that game in the box points to an alternative forum named Forum-of-doom? Whats the deal with that? Many thanks!
Jake!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 09:42:31 pm »

Welcome to the Twilight forum! Glad to have another on board. I recommend the Delgon by the way.

The Forum of Doom is a forum for several companies - Hasslefree, Heresy Miniatures and Black Scorpion. Twilight is also stocked by Hasslefree and before this forum was made Twilight topics tended to go there.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 10:20:32 pm »

Excellent! thanks for the clarification! While i do like the Delgon I am Fubarnii all the way!
Also I have noticed that on the 22nd page of the Rulebook under 'The future' the paragraph just seems to cut away? I dont think its supposed to be like that so where is the rest of the text?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:22:49 pm by Megatron0 » Logged

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 10:26:45 pm »

That seems to be a mistake on the current printing, I'm sure Mike will come along and fill in the rest for you, especially since the second book is now out with most of those things mentioned in it.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 10:44:21 pm »

The second book has been released? Wheres the best place to pick it up in the uk? i imagine hasslefree?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:51:12 pm by Megatron0 » Logged

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 10:49:13 pm »

The second book, with most of the Delgon and reinforcements for Empire and Devanu, went on sale from Mike at Salute today. Hasslefree probably won't stock it for a while, so you may want to send Mike a pm - he's called Carcharoth here.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 10:52:04 pm »

ahhh Thanks! I missed that at salute Tongue but I look forward to purchasing it!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 08:00:57 am »

Welcome!
I cant believe I had never noticed that typo on the future page - this was the second printing and I thought I had managed to catch everything! At least its nothing too important...  Undecided

Well done buying the game yesterday! Did you get a game on either board while you were there?

The only place to get the second book right now is from me, but as geckilian said, drop me a line and we can sort something out.

Looking forward to seeing what you do  Smiley
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 10:34:41 am »

Hey!
I managed to grab a game on the beautiful snow table. It was 2v2 and we played the Delgon. Sadly we lost to the devanu sprinting like crazy across the board but Ill look forward to ways of figuring out how to counter their impressive speed!
Had great fun on the table! cant wait to play again!

clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 02:06:34 pm »

Welcome to the board - glad to see that all this hard work from Mike pays off.

Fubarnii is a very wise choice of army. My favourite, too - but before you know, you'll probably have picked up all 3 of them Wink

My painting-blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 02:41:22 pm »

Hey!
I managed to grab a game on the beautiful snow table.

There was a snow table?

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 03:43:30 pm »

Hey!
I managed to grab a game on the beautiful snow table.

There was a snow table?

It was circular and had a tree on it.

And Clam i know what you mean! I have real faction envy and will probably get round to picking up some Delgon eventually Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:47:11 pm by Megatron0 » Logged

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 03:48:31 pm »

Good, goooood. Striders - they work.

frog of dhoom
Jenta

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 06:48:17 pm »

I too had Delgon in one hand and Empire in the other in the end it had to be The Empire their traders and civilians are just too cool.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 06:49:58 pm »

I too had Delgon in one hand and Empire in the other in the end it had to be The Empire their traders and civilians are just too cool.
The traders and pack animals are what won it over for me to! I mean where else can you get that in a game?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: