The World Of Twilight
April 24, 2024, 06:14:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Baruk, Kosok and Travelling Court  (Read 10101 times)
gi6ers
Hatchling

« on: April 20, 2011, 11:31:34 am »

Can a mod change the title to whatever these 2 beasties are please?

not twilight but near enough..

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:22:12 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:23:26 pm »

That'd be a baruk packbeast, a kosok and the Travelling Court of the Brownie King. Lovely paintjobs on all three  Smiley

Part of me now thinks the Travelling Court is a creature from Fubarnii mythology...
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 02:02:30 pm »

Part of me now thinks the Travelling Court is a creature from Fubarnii mythology...

"So, you think the world is a castle that is carried on the back of a baruk?"

"Yes, of course."

"And what is the baruk standing on?"

"Silly boy, its Baruk all the way down!"

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 02:05:39 pm »

Awesome job, Gi6ers Smiley

But it's not fair - just as I decided on waiting picking up the Baruk variant - you just insist bring salt to my wound Sad And remind me how much I need it  Angry

The travelling court certainly has a place in the Twilight World - you really have to come up with a Myth explaining its place, here. One of my favourite Hasslefree Sculpts - and with Sjoerd's awesome Chaos Dwarfs - the first HF miniatures I bought. Think I might have to get me a second one. First one was painted and used as present for a dear friend. And would really like try painting it again.

My painting-blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 03:49:13 pm »

I've had my eye on the travelling court for a while, too.

Nice Baruk.
Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 03:57:46 pm »

Very nice models - I particularly like the creatures' skins. Smiley

I was looking at the Travelling Court again yesterday after reading some background on Twilight, and it occurred to me that if you cut the castle off, you'd have a pretty good base for a Baruk-mounted howdah for carrying around a particularly important/wealthy/lazy trader.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 03:59:25 pm »

Funny you mentioned that, as I've removed the castle from one of mine, pretty much for that reason.

Mrs Carcharoth
Blue Penguin of Doom!
Development Team
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 09:48:12 pm »

Funny you mentioned that, as I've removed the castle from one of mine, pretty much for that reason.

You cut off the castle!!!! It took Mike ages to sculpt that, all those little bricks and turrets!!
clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 11:26:25 pm »

You did what .. ? Huh Blasphemy .. you are aware that people have been band for less  Tongue

My painting-blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 06:40:34 am »

Don't worry, I'm all in favour of dismemberment and/or limb removal, just so long as theinal product looks cool and you share pics here.
Jules is right though, the brickwork on those little towers took an age to sculpt! Gi6ers paint job on it is probably my favourite though, and ceertainly made it worthwhile  Smiley
Mrs Carcharoth
Blue Penguin of Doom!
Development Team
Jenta

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 07:53:40 am »

I'm all in favour of dismemberment and/or limb removal

Ahh!?! Scared now!
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 10:26:31 am »

Nice work there Matt

You're really churning them out at the moment!

gi6ers
Hatchling

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 11:41:00 am »

Gi6ers paint job on it is probably my favourite though, and ceertainly made it worthwhile  Smiley

awww shucks.  Didn't I give you this one at salute last year?  If not I've got no idea where he went....

@Ben - These are over a year old, but Easter is proving a little quiet so getting a few done  Grin
ContrapuntalAnt
Jenta

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 04:07:46 pm »

"So, you think the world is a castle that is carried on the back of a baruk?"

"Yes, of course."

"And what is the baruk standing on?"

"Silly boy, its Baruk all the way down!"
You are now my favourite person on this forum (other than the creator of this excellent world) for the use of Pratchett. Ok, I know "Turtles all the way down!" doesn't originate with Pratchett, but anything Pratchett uses becomes infinitely more awesome.

Anyway, what are the creation myths for Twilight? Do the different creatures of the Trivitaetasa Phylum generally agree on a single creation myth with variations, or do they have completely different ideas? Is there a 'real' creation myth, or have you not decided on one to be real on the basis that the denizens of Anyaral don't collectively know?

"All I’m saying is sometimes eating a walnut is preferable to getting hacked to death or set on fire during dinner."
- Loralai, Gilmore Girls
Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 04:25:31 pm »

Anyway, what are the creation myths for Twilight? Do the different creatures of the Trivitaetasa Phylum generally agree on a single creation myth with variations, or do they have completely different ideas? Is there a 'real' creation myth, or have you not decided on one to be real on the basis that the denizens of Anyaral don't collectively know?
(Psst, look here!)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: