The World Of Twilight
April 19, 2024, 03:53:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum suggestions  (Read 24810 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 06:33:37 pm »

Awww... But I like tinkering...
Will stick to tinkering with putty for the moment Smiley
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 08:22:10 pm »

Yes, that you're allowed to do!  Grin

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 12:02:11 pm »

Did you know that if you click on "community" ont he website there's still a big FoD link?

Also, all the text and sketch-pics look really dark right now. Like really, really dark.

And also have you stopped putting the basic rules on the site? I can't find them anymore... (I do have a rulebook, of course, but it's good to be able to point people to them to read through without having to physically be there with my book).
EDIT: just found them... me being dumb. Sorry. OOI, why did you add Brenar and the Jenta in but leave Beru, the herders and the ranged rules out?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 12:07:36 pm by Jubal » Logged

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 12:47:27 pm »

Sorry. OOI, why did you add Brenar and the Jenta in but leave Beru, the herders and the ranged rules out?
That was entirely down to space in the printed rulebook! Seen as I was updating them I shifted the points costs from the experimental bit to the main stats pages and then had a spare page. I didn't have room for all the new ranged rules, but Brenar and the Jenta fitted nicely (and gave something to both the Devanu and the Empire).
As an aside, Beru is the same engineer described in the rules, the scenario and in the little story (and these letters). I just decided to finally give him a name and highlight the fact that he's a character rather than being a generic little engineer. This thoroughly confused Beth, Tom and Gill at salute when they ran out of Engineers and had to give out Beru instead...
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 01:05:16 pm »

I'd worked that one out, but the "Beru" rules are different to the original due to the ranged combat rules having been introduced.

Is Beru, to your mind, a fairly "ordinary" Engineer, or is he a cut above the rest? My own contraption rules kinda rest on the principle of him being about the same "power" as an ordinary Engineer thus far (though of course they're always open to change).

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 01:24:07 pm »

Beru is far from ordinary, but there are plenty of other engineers who would be of a similar level of intelligence/creativity to him. A lot of those would focus their attentions on completely different areas of research, but there would be enough engineers around so that your contraptions aren't completely out of place!
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 02:17:26 pm »

engineers are never ordinary - we are all special... Smiley

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Gethuch
Resident Eccentric
Administrator
Apprentice

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 06:31:34 pm »

Did you know that if you click on "community" ont he website there's still a big FoD link?

Also, all the text and sketch-pics look really dark right now. Like really, really dark.

Yeah, I figured the FoD link can stay there for the moment, The Forum link is more prominent anyway.

Do you mean the text and sketches on the WoT website, or in this forum? Do they still look like that? Which browser are you using?
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 06:38:07 pm »

On the main site, they still look like that, and I'm on Internet Explorer 8.

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 06:49:36 pm »

sounds like the dark areas aren't being displayed as transparent as they should.

"here grandma - big hole in one end and a little hole in the other and blow - dnt suck."

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Gethuch
Resident Eccentric
Administrator
Apprentice

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 10:25:25 pm »

Hmm, weird. Any chance of a screenshot? And does anyone else use IE8? Does it look the same for you?
Xylifrost
Hatchling

ground control

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 03:22:40 am »

yes - use photobucket.

you can just paste in the url of the picture from the web into Photobucket and then just copy and paste the photo bucket url into the forum.

To see cheap luxury car rental in Los Angeles visit my special resource.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: