The World Of Twilight
April 19, 2024, 05:16:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Enarii  (Read 18739 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 06:07:04 pm »

Ahh. So what of the lost faburnii souls? do they become tortured spirits? wandering the land? I guess if they go and live in Enar thats reincarnation out of the question. Hmmm The Enarii are indeed complex to figure out...

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 06:19:54 pm »

I think the lost souls just die and cease to exist.
The enarii are all effectively resurrected fubarnii that live on Enar. If part of the fubarnii reach enar then it is believed that the enarii may choose to resurrect them from that, if they have been seen to do good deeds during their lives.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 06:58:01 pm »

I love that!
Like the idea that they can return. Its so epic!

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 07:23:28 pm »

Some one should have a word with their engineers about escape velocity, gravity wells and the likelihood of anything from anyaral wafting interplanetary distances to their moon...

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 12:28:15 am »

Word/
Lord Fubarnii
Jenta

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 01:38:56 pm »

its a shame the souls die some ghost fubarnii would be cool, or an aquatic race that the fubarnii really fear because the drag them into the sea, the equivilent of demons to them, taking theyre souls to a watery hell below the surface
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 02:10:40 pm »

The Fubarnii are scared enough of water as it is... :S

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 02:23:00 pm »

The Fubarnii have myths and legends themselves. I expect they believe in ghosts and watery demons - whether they are true or not remains to be seen.
Imagine the religions of anyaral as being similar to those of earth. There are variants on similar religions much as Protestants and Catholicism. For most fubarnii their religion may be important, but not impact that much, for others it is a driving force. There are older beliefs and superstitions that may or may not mesh logically with the main religion, but that may not matter on the most part. I'm going to steer clear of any comments on the truth of any religions, either here or on anyaral as belief is important. Twilight is mainly from the view of the fubarnii, and they sincerely believe that the gods live on Enar. The Gerald believe in spirits that can be attracted by little marked stones (as carried by traders, who probably also believe in the enarii...).
In summary, there may be fubarnii ghosts, but they won't have a stat line  Wink
lightderakeer
Jenta

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 07:09:41 pm »

The Gerald believe in spirits that can be attracted by little marked stones (as carried by traders, who probably also believe in the enarii...).
sorry... gerald? and i thought i'd FINALLY caught up with all the weird names in twilight Roll Eyes
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 07:25:11 pm »

I think it's a mistype of Ferals, looking at the keyboard.

Although now you mention it I CAN imagine a Fubarnii called Gerald...

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 08:44:36 pm »

I DEMAND  A GERALD SCULPT!!!

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 10:23:40 pm »

Looks like the iPad's autocorrect has been playing silly buggers again... But gehraald could almost work...
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 10:36:39 pm »

Ah so thats what those little stones are for! I shall paint them with a tiny glow :3

lightderakeer
Jenta

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 07:42:32 pm »

ferals?!?!?  Shocked GAAAH DOES YOUR CREATIVE FLOW NEVER STOP MIKE? ITS TIRING TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH YOU!!  Angry Angry Angry
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 12:01:55 pm »

There does tend to be a long implementation time for ideas, so we are still working through concepts that I was knocking around 5 or so years ago (even longer for the ferals)... This does mean there is a lot of Anyaral that I haven't really mentioned yet, but that I have plans for. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: