The World Of Twilight
April 20, 2024, 08:25:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An Intro & Review of Twilight  (Read 6499 times)
Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« on: April 27, 2011, 07:39:23 pm »

Didn't know where on the forum to put this, and anyone here likely knows all of it anyway  Grin
but April there's a blog challenge of A-Z letter/day and I knew from the start that 'W' would be a review of World of Twlight.

so if you're curious, here it is: http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/2011/04/to-z-world-of-twilight.html

I'm hoping more people will find out about the game & minis and give it a try   Cheesy
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:12:02 pm »

Great review, and a great blog overall Smiley

Love your Devanu force too!

Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:23:47 pm »

Hah, I was only reading your blog yesterday/today! I liked your coloured Devanu a lot, it really made them stand out.  Grin

///  Edit, I found this blog/review too; I also liked the painting in it!  ///
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:32:46 pm by Major_Gilbear » Logged
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:58:50 pm »

lol that's my mate's site! 

I painted all those models  Grin

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 10:27:01 pm »

Thanks for sharing both of those  Smiley

Laughing Ferret, let me know if you would like some of the thicker spears for your knights - I've got a few sprues left and would be happy to send some spears over (particularly if it encourages you to bump your fubarnii up the painting queue  Wink ).
Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 11:38:34 pm »

Fun small world, despite the different genres: I'ma  big fan of Gruntz: I've been collecting 15mm sci-fi and plan to run them with Gruntz.

Carcharoth: Yes, I'd love some of the thicker spears for the knights. I had planned to paint them first for the Fubarnii, but had delayed and considered the militia instead, bc I was on the fence about trying to risk drilling the spears out and replacing with brass rod. I did that for my Quar cavalry, but the Fubarnii look a bit more tricky.

I was planning on making an order with Hasslefree at some point: I purchased a value coupon from them this year, knowing I wanted more Twilight: Delgon, etc. But been waiting for some of the newer releases before I order (any idea when they'll have items like the shock troops, & fubarnii herder light cav, the aged engineer, hunter etc?)

If it makes it easier to send the spears along with the Hasslefree order, it might save some shipping cost, I don't know how close you are to them, when they'd have the things I want to order, etc.  However is best for you I'd be happy and grateful for.   I have 4 knights with the thin spears.

I just finished a massive blood bowl commission for a nice guy from Germany, but there are several others lined up, but with that one out of the way i may actually have some personal hobby paint time again!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 07:51:31 am »

I'll sort you out with those spears - please pm me your address.

I'm afraid Im not sure when HF will get the new stuff. Hopefully not too long from now, but there are one or two things at their end that will delay it a bit and it is likely to be at least a couple of months. When they do release the new stuff it'll probably be split over a few waves to give a consistent release schedule. The shock troopers and light cavalry will be at the top of the release list though.
Sorry thats a bit of a pain. If you need one or two of the prerelease bits earlier then let me know.
inrepose
Hatchling

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 02:43:12 pm »

Fun small world, despite the different genres: I'ma  big fan of Gruntz: I've been collecting 15mm sci-fi and plan to run them with Gruntz.

I found a fan!  I have not played Twilight for a while because Darth is a difficult person to get hold of!  Actually what are you doing tonight Darth - I have a free night, we could have another game of Twilight and show Russ, he is hoping to come over. Darth did paint all of those fantastic models though, he is also very lucky casting his attack stones (nothing to do with tactical skill)!

I only wish I had a way of getting some models out for Gruntz, I have some plans for some mecha items but I don't sculpt myself so producing anything would be very expensive. 

What are the next releases coming through for Twilight?  I noticed some flying figures last year.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 03:04:37 pm »

Very nice review! and those models are sweet!
Good job!

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 04:30:32 pm »

A good intro and review Laughing Ferret. Lovely painted minis too.

HN
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 10:29:15 pm »

Thanks for the name check link and positive comments mr ferret sir.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: