The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 02:19:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Book Errata and Advice  (Read 15232 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 28, 2011, 05:41:21 pm »

I figured it's about time I started a thread for posting comments or errata on the books. I don't think too many mistakes have slipped through, but I'll track them through this thread just in case! Please post here if you notice anything or have any questions that could do with clarification.
This is also a good place to post suggestions - if you played a scenario and have some advice on how you might tweak it then do mention it here as well. I've started off with a recommendation for Unwelcome Travellers.

Errata:
Book 1:

The Devanu Kopa and Sempa should have 'Agility'.

Book 2:
The Herder Light Cavalry should have their Spear ability changed to the following:
Move up to 10" then make a 2CS Ranged Attack against one target that was within 4" at any point during the move. A spear may be thrown as long as the model was not Engaged at the point where the spear was thrown.

Recommendations/Advice:
Book 1:

The Wandering Engineer: The Devanu player can only win if the Kopa escapes.

Book 2:
Unwelcome Travellers: When fighting combats against the priest and his retinue I would recommend that the opposing player selects and casts their stones so that he can choose whether they cast Erac or Oran. In the unusual situation where both sides end up engaged with the same Delgon model I would also let whoever doesn't attack the Delgon model support if they so desire.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:24:08 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
HannahFKW
Jenta

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:04:27 pm »

This is more of a suggestion than anything else for a possible future book, but would you ever plan on doing a limited edition book of all the twilight illustrations etc?
Like limited to 100 or 200 or something?

Also would you ever do a book purely based on the history of the world with drawings? Maybe the two together? Again limited edition?

Just some random idea's, but I really love the drawings in the book and reading about the world, and also the little short stories.

Hope that wasn't too random Tongue
Not sure what you think?
Han.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:23:54 pm »

Book one: clear the Typo from the 'The future' section by completing the paragraph
Book one: Scenario: The Wandering engineer. Objective section should read: The devanu player wins if he can kill the engineer and have the Kopa escape from the battlefield. If the Kopa is killed the game is a draw.
(currently the player can have any Devanu escape the table)

Lord Fubarnii
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 01:45:20 pm »

i would definatly be interested in an art book
elakin
Hatchling

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:30:28 am »

Have you considered selling an electronic version of the full rulebooks, such as through wargamevault or e23? I vastly prefer having an electronic version of rules that i can throw on an iPad and not have it clutter up my game room. Also, when errata is found & fixed, the version can be updated and people can get the new version w/o having to buy a whole new print.

I'd also be interested in an art book - again, preferably electronic. DP9 has a number of artbooks that they sell on wargamevault, and i think the format works well.
Lord Fubarnii
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 02:07:07 am »

i like both formats. thanks to the pdf reader on my iphone i can take most of my rulebooks with me, but i much prefer hard copy's their so much easier to read in the bath!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 07:16:13 am »

I wouldn't go down the digital copies road. for a small company like this you open yourself to a world of piracy and personally I think its looks cheap. Your doing the cards for reference anyway. Besides you already have the quick start rules online anyway. Just don't end up like the ancible magazine...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:21:02 am by Megatron0 » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 02:03:03 pm »

If I went down the electronic version then it would just be another option in parallel to the hard copy book. I'll (probably) always keep a version of the rules available to download for free, but something more complete might be appealing for some people. I'm not writing off the idea, but it might take a while!
Lord Fubarnii
Jenta

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 02:46:46 pm »

just one question, where do i find the move cautiously rules?
elakin
Hatchling

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 02:56:44 pm »

just one question, where do i find the move cautiously rules?

pg 7, under "Movement"
elakin
Hatchling

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 03:13:06 pm »

I wouldn't go down the digital copies road. for a small company like this you open yourself to a world of piracy and personally I think its looks cheap. Your doing the cards for reference anyway. Besides you already have the quick start rules online anyway. Just don't end up like the ancible magazine...

Having official digital copies doesn't enable piracy, only makes it slightly easier. If something is popular, it'll get scanned & put up, official digital copy or no. At least with wargamevault, the PDFs get automatically watermarked to discourage piracy. As for looking cheap, many digital gaming publications are just a PDF version of whatever goes to print - so if the digital copy looks cheap, so will the print copy.

Version 1.1 of the full twilight main book is available for download already, and it looks the same as the print copy - not cheap looking at all. If this were put up on wargamevault/e23/wherever, and the new book put up for purchase as well, more people may learn about twilight. I've never had anything to publish, but AFAIK there's no initial cost to make rules available thru those sellers.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 04:18:29 pm »

I did mention that the ORIGINAL was online but with digitalisation its a slippery slope. There are reasons many game companies don't do complete rulebooks online. Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free? Even if its paid for you then just make it easy for someone to pirate a good copy of the rulebook. This game is certainly niche and great full colour rulebooks are important to attract gamers to a quality unique product that we all love.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 06:10:04 pm »

I've not got the rulebook in front of me now, but I'm almost certain the move cautiously rules are in there! Just in case:
You have to Move Cautiously if you are engaged at the start of your turn or if you cross difficult terrain or an obstacle etc. Each move is treated separately (so if you sprint then that is a separate move). A cautious move is made at half the normal rate.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 07:56:17 pm »

Personally I always prefer a hard copy, you just can't beat it. At the same time digital copies are good because they let you have a look and decide if its for me. I have downloaded books before, if I was to use it then I'd then buy it.

HN
ContrapuntalAnt
Jenta

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 02:18:48 am »

Something that I asked in my previous post somewhere else, but which ought to go here:

Do the Devanu Kopa and Sempa retroactively get Agility? I would presume so due to Arak-Katain and the Matriarch getting it, but either way this is something to highlight in errata/clarification notes, perhaps.

"All I’m saying is sometimes eating a walnut is preferable to getting hacked to death or set on fire during dinner."
- Loralai, Gilmore Girls
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: