The World Of Twilight
April 19, 2024, 09:10:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Contemplating a Twilight Tournament...  (Read 27875 times)
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 08:11:17 pm »

I like. I've been thinking of some large game and multiplayer varient rules, but maybe anothe time.
Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 04:21:09 am »

lucky for you on that island having so many players concentrated in a fairly small area.. well, hopefully North America will gain player population too!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 01:07:22 pm »

I dropped by the aldershot games club yesterday and was very impressed by the facilities - looks like we have a location. Now I just need to sort out a date and a plan...

I also had a nice little 400pt game with TuffSkull (when he wasn't being a giant and stomping on skaven or headbutting city walls). NuraSen Gohral narrowly avoided getting stomped on by a bunch of knights and fled into the wilderness with his one remaining bodyguard...

I think at that size there are plenty of options for each of the three cultures, while keeping games reasonably quick (90 minutes should be plenty of time for each round).
I do like the idea of a big finale though - two or three players on each side with a couple of extra commanders to tie everything together. The practicality of that will depend a lot how many people there are, and what the forces look like. I am very excited at the prospect now!
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 06:06:51 pm »

Not tournament related, but thanks for the game Mike!

Was great to see how the delgon work onthe table, and of course also to see all the beautiful armies you bought with you - Kudos to all the paint slappers & putty pushers involved.

Only sorry that I was being pulled away from our game to provide random giant-based-bloodshed in the warhammer siege  far more often than I expected to be - Next time I'll make sure i can focus on the better game  Wink

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 08:53:51 am »

I wish I could take some credit for any of those painted models, but I can at least take credit for most of the sculpts  Smiley

I've used the delgon quite a bit recently, and that force seems to function quite nicely (NuraSen Gohral, 3 bodyguards, 2 NuraLehn Acolytes, 5 soldiers, 4 KalJoran, 2 Deraks and 2 Striders). I'm looking forward to our next game.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 05:49:57 pm »

I'm planning to try and arrange a tournament some time in october, or possibly early november. It'll be aldershot and I'll do some proper advertising once I've secured a date. Who might be interested?
KDLynch
Apprentice

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 06:50:44 pm »

If you had it here instead, I'd attend. hehehehe. Smiley   Silly tickets to the UK costing so much... blah

"what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 09:16:27 pm »

I'm in!

KD... I can bring my laptop so you can telepresence

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 10:31:11 pm »

Im in. The Great Lanak will assemble his war hosts

KDLynch
Apprentice

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 10:59:07 pm »

@Pyre... I so need to come up with some USB robot arms now... lol! And mayhaps some USB robot legs... I can just imagine it now: laptop running loose around the event! hehehehehe

"what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 12:33:15 pm »

Bam!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 02:44:13 pm »

Good to have some interest so far! It'll be 400pt forces using anything from the two rulebooks or twilight travellers. Probably best to avoid using arak katain, danomar or roban as I may well have plans for them...
What cultures are you interested in playing as? I'm going to plan a narrative campaign for the day, with three games then a final big battle for the two winning cultures (details to be confirmed nearer the time).
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 07:41:18 pm »

400 points eh? So, 8 Striders or 16 Grishak. Hmm, choices choices...

Wink

Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 08:53:16 pm »

I'd definately be interested in early November  Smiley Assuming I'm not on call anyway, which I'm afraid I wont know for a bit... 400pts sounds perfect to me. I'd be most keen to bring Delgon, but could play either of the others if required.
@Mike - You're Delgon list sounds pretty close to mine (except for normal priest and I still need another Strider and a couple more KalJoran) I've had good success with them so far, but I think i still have the nuances of Delgon command and movement to figure out....
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 01:13:38 am »

ill be taking the empire. :-)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: