The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 10:16:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Combat stones - paint 'em?  (Read 10918 times)
lightderakeer
Jenta

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 05:11:08 pm »

quick question on combat stones, what do the signs mean on em?
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 05:42:58 pm »

Check out the rule book on page 6. Erac is (offensive), Oran is (defensive).

HN
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 12:10:27 pm »

They look great. The ones at Salute were pretty similar, iirc. I'm going to buy myself some more fimo.

Did you paint the symbols on, or did you do them in fimo? Nice basing, btw, is hat etched brass?
Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 10:32:00 am »

They look great. The ones at Salute were pretty similar, iirc. I'm going to buy myself some more fimo.

Did you paint the symbols on, or did you do them in fimo? Nice basing, btw, is hat etched brass?

The color symbols is just different colored fimo. pretty easy- I'm no fimo expert. I just cut the symbol into the fimo and pushed some 'strings' of other-color fimo into the cut, then push it back together. I went with blue & red as pretty universal colors for safe & danger, since the symbols are kind of similar in shape and to make it easy for people playing that don't know the system already. one set in light and one set in dark stones in case they get mixed up in casting, still easy to see who's are who's.

I've used etched brass before and like it, but I haven't used any on my Twilight minis. I used some seed pods of different types from my back yard for plants and branch bits.  and cork, real rocks & making rock from green stuff/miliput mix.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: