The World Of Twilight
May 14, 2024, 02:00:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: A long journey.  (Read 102869 times)
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2011, 07:45:17 am »

The knights are coming along well. Danomar is looking good, he's really going to stand out with the colour of his Enuk.

HN
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2011, 12:54:59 am »

Cheers. He'll be the only one with a green/turquoise(ish) Enuk, so it should look fairly unique.

I painted for a fairly lengthly amount of time today, and finally finished. 2 more Striders were half completed, but more importantly I finished, aside from the rider's flesh and spear arms, the next batch of 7 knights, as well as the Elder. There's also yet another comparison shot showing the 3 normal Enuk colours thus far. The photo shows the Enuks as fairly dark, but they're a bit lighter in person.The last batch will be some kind of green.

Tomorrow's a long work day so I'll not have much time to paint, but with luck I'll at least finish the 2 Striders. I now have 16 figures left basecoated, 5 non-knights to finish off, the fubarnii flesh of 16 knights, 32 shields and 24 knight arms left to paint. The end is within sight!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2011, 11:47:19 pm »

Another day and more painting done. According to plan, I finished the 2 Strider, one of whom is a bodyguard for the Acolyte Strider -

Since not much got done today, I figured I'd take a group shot of how the painted knights are shaping up. Aside from the missing arms and unpainted flesh, I think they're starting to look impressive as a whole -

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2011, 11:23:27 pm »

A triple post? Ye gods.

Managed to stay on target today, getting 3 more knights to the same stage as those previous, as well as half finishing 10 spear arms, and the pair of Devanu. I also managed to finish one other.

The 'one other' is in fact, Roban! I really like this figure, and his pose suggested pointing, maybe commanding his retinue of Striders forwards, so I reposed the arm after a bit of sawing and trimming, resculpted the join, bent the fingers and presto, pointing Roban.

4 more days of painting left, and I have 13 figures, the 32 shields and 24 spear arms to go. Tomorrow I aim to get Another 3 knights, knight of Relan and maybe a couple of Striders finished up, as well as some spear arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2011, 08:15:00 am »

I think we are all just overwhelmed by how much you've been painting!
I like the repose on Roban. Very neatly done!
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2011, 08:21:25 am »

A good subtle conversion on Roban. Keeping going your nearly there!

HN
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2011, 10:09:18 am »

Yep, on both points but the repose is absolutelty brilliant
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2011, 10:16:48 am »

This is some army you've got now! Starts to dwarf Mikes personal stock  Wink

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2011, 06:21:03 pm »

if I wasn't so busy I'd be overwhelmed too...
Yep, on both points but the repose is absolutelty brilliant

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2011, 09:00:47 pm »

Cheers for the comments everyone! Glad to see Roban's conversion is liked.

Didn't quite stick to plan today, decided to leave the Knight of Relan for tomorrow and instead finish off the Striders. I also painted more on a measly 5 spear arms, leaving just the tips and actual knight arm left. As such, 3 more knights to previous standard, and all the Delgon in the current painting queue are finished -

Here's a shot of all the knights thus far, nearly all of whom need flesh and spear arms, only 4 more and 2 Knights of Relan to go -

That leaves just 7 figures, those mentioned above and the new Devanu spear Jenta. Then of course all the spear arms, shield and knight flesh etc. I'll do a 'final' Delgon army shot after I paint up the remaining 5 KalJoran shields, which are next in line.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2011, 10:23:01 pm »

That must be half the knights in the Empire!!

HN
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2011, 05:04:11 pm »

Well, it certainly feels like a lot when painting them...

Only a verbal update for today. Due to needing to convert up and paint an rp character for tonight's session, and tonight's session taking time in itself, I've not got as much done today as together that loses me 6 to 7 hours of painting. 7 Knights have had flesh and spears done, 2 more knights are almost at the non-flesh standard with just cream to go, and the 2 Knights of Relan are about half done, as are 3 shields. The Devanu Jenta's vaguely started.

As there's only tomorrow and Friday to go, and tomorrow I'm utterly free, I should be finishing the Knights of Relan, Jenta, 2 Knights and all the flesh and shields for the currently waiting Knights and KalJoran. This'll leave me just 2 complete Knights for Friday, so should be manageable to finish in time...

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2011, 01:58:05 pm »

Been painting for a couple of hours so far today and in between knight flesh I painted the 5 KalJoran shields. So, here's the army shot!

The list stands at -

Engineer Priest with 2 Bodyguards.
Acolyte.
Acolyte Strider with Bodyguard Strider.
3 Deraleer Striders with 10 Derakeers.
2 Gushrakeers.
Stormtrooper Strider with 5 Stormtroopers.
Roban with 9 Striders.

In terms of points, and assuming the Stormtrooper, Bodyguard, Derakeer and Acolyte Striders are in the region of 70, 70, 50 (due to reduced stats) and 50 respectively, the horde costs roughly 1430 points not counting Gushraks. Not too shabby.

Not counting upcoming Salute purchases, all I now own for the Delgon that isn't painted are 4 Yirnaks, 7 Bodyguards, a Priest and a last Acolyte. At any rate, the Delgon contingent for Salute is finished!

Now, back to Knights...

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2011, 02:05:28 pm »

That is a mean looking force you have there Geckilian!

I hope you manage to get everything painted in time.

HN
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2011, 04:03:15 pm »

I'm fast approaching the idea that "Geckilian" is actually some elder dialect for "mental"

Great looking forces coming along there. Really good
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: