The World Of Twilight
April 20, 2024, 04:25:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: A long journey.  (Read 102307 times)
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 10:34:35 pm »

Cheers for the comment. I was thinking round shields would be generally better for tunnels.

Here's the 9 other infantry that had paint slapped on -

Unfortunately the matt varnish dulled them somewhat, and there was minor frosting (which cooincidentally enough was mostly on the bases) but I reckon they'll still look the part en masse. The shields for the remaining 4 Stormtroopers will be done nearer the end, when I have a clearer idea of what I want on the front.

Currently partly painted are 7 more Grishak and 6 Knights plus a Knight Captain. 2 Striders, a Strider Derakeer, 2 Strider 'characters' and the pair of Bodyguards will be close behind. Not counting Sundays due to low painting time, or Salte itself, I have only another 12 days to get everything finished. Looks like I'll be cutting it a tad fine...

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 08:48:26 am »

Ooh, I like the look of those!
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 10:43:16 pm »

me too - not a strider amongst them!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 12:02:25 am »

Yeah, I understand it's a shame there isn't a Strider amongst them, but more will be coming, rest assured.

For now, here are the 2 bodyguards for the Engineer Priest -

Should have another 12 or so figures completed tomorrow, leaving about 46+ to go.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 10:55:28 pm »

Hello yet again. With the frequency of my posts you'd assume I was under a deadline or something...

Here's 7 more Grishak. They still need an eye highlight though unfortunately both shops nearby that sell the yellow I want are closed on Mondays. They're practically finished however.

There's also 5 more Striders done - 2 normal, a gunner, and 2 'characters'. An acolyte Strider and a stormtrooper one. Or, they'd probably be called, a NuraKira'Malog and KalJoran'Malog.

Still quite a bit to go, which is mostly knights, so I'll be trying to get some of those finished tomorrow. I also managed to get a substantially larger figure partly done, but again the lack of yellow was vexing.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2011, 08:20:50 am »

I'm loving the conversions. I take it the acolyte is going to have a back banner.

HN
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 08:55:05 am »

I think we need a complete army shot by now Smiley

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 09:23:21 am »

Grin

Good work on the conversions - I praticularly like how you've managed to repose the legs to give variety. The pick guy works nicely as a hero.
I agree with Ben that we definitely need an army shot some time soon!

Mike
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 01:25:37 pm »

Cheers for the comments everyone.

The NuraKira'Malog will indeed be getting a banner - his banner and KalJoran shields (as well as Knight shields) will be done nearer the end. Reposing the legs was... interesting, considering the creaking sounds they made when rotated at the hips. The KalJoran'Malog should also look more imposing with the shield. I think I'll opt for the official shields, should I have enough, as they're more iconic.

I quickly took these two just now as army shots of everything Delgon painted thus far -

With luck I should get some Knights finished today, at last!

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 03:55:02 pm »

Wow, that's quite a force you've got there!

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2011, 04:31:01 pm »

Good to see them all! No standard glaive wiedling soldiers then? Is that a gap at the moment, or are you sticking with KalJoran and Striders as your basic grunts?

I have now done a KalJoran shield sprue, so I have more of those square shields than I know what to do with! I might do you another parcel in the next few days, or you can get some at Salute.
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 05:35:26 pm »

No normal soldiers currently, since gunners, stormtroopers and the upcoming flamethrowers are all more interesting for me. I'll probably get a token unit at some point, to callously use as fodder.

I'm 5 shields short, so being able to attach them before Salute would be handy, but not essential. I thankfully have one of them from a weapon sprue, so the KalJoran'Malog can get one.

Having been painting for about 3 hours, 7 knights have the armour practically finished, and I'm halfway through basecoating Enuk flesh. This feels somewhat worrying, considering there's another 21 after this batch. I'll need to break it up by painting characters or something similar inbetween, otherwise I'm probably going to find it more of a chore...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:37:56 pm by Geckilian » Logged

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 10:57:38 pm »

How dare you use non approved twilight buildings with your figures !

Sad

(the figures look good though!)

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 11:00:04 pm »

If you were to send me some building Brandlin, I would be more than happy to assemble, paint and then storm them with Delgon. In that area, have you any plans for Delgon dwellings currently?

Finished painting for the evening, and have an update of sorts. The 7 knights now just need cloth, straps, rider flesh and weapons doing, as well as bases. The Enuks and armour are all done.

I also spent some time finishing up the last of the Grishaks, since there were only 6, all of which were mostly done as they'd received leg swaps for more varied poses. As they look pretty similar to my other Grishak, I just took an army shot of everything I have that's painted for Devanu.

That's about 1,000 points of Devanu there. There's another Kopa and Sempa to finish off painting which are in the painting queue, most likely inbetween Knight groups.

Stuff left in the current queue to paint - still 28 Knights, Danomar, 5 Derakeers, 5 Striders, the 2 Devanu and a big guy. Getting there.

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2011, 06:29:06 pm »

Is "crap, that's a lot of Grishak" a reasonable response?  Wink

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: