The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 04:36:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Grishak rules  (Read 3967 times)
guppug
Senior Apprentice

« on: October 07, 2011, 09:03:35 pm »

Help with Grishak rules
When i played a few games last during the week we were unsure how the Grishak rules worked so
If a Grishak moves into base contact with another model  it then gets to cast 4 combat stoneswith the charge ability.
So which of the 2 options are right we were not sure.  As the savage rule says that "  If all successful casts are Erac then any blows landed on the enemy must be saved with a -1 modifier"

1.   If i cast 2 Oran and 2 Erac and the 2 Erac are hits will the SAVAGE rule apply.

2.    Or  do all 4 combat stones have to be Erac and hit for the SAVAGE rule to apply

Guppug. Huh

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 12:00:05 am »

Its the second option as all your successful cast were not just Erac but oran as well. All successful casts i.e face-up Stones, must be Erac for the rules of Savage to apply.

*edit* Just re-read your original post. Both options would apply as long as the only successful stones that were cast are Erac (like in my example. (Dam midnight posts!)
hope that helps. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:42:02 am by Megatron0 » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 09:23:38 am »

Both examples would mean that savage is applied, but I think you arent interpreting it the way I intended...

All that matters is what stones are successful (remember that you never have to show your opponent the failed stones). If you cast 2 of each stone then savage might apply depending on what you roll.
If all stones are successful then savage does not apply, as not all the successes are Erac.
If one or two Erac were a success and both Oran failed then savage would apply if a blow was landed.
Basically, if you cast ANY successful Oran then savage does not apply - a savage grishak has no time for avoiding blows!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 11:27:03 am »

It is worth noting that there is no point casting Oran if you want the rules of savage to apply. unless your hoping to fail with those stones...

guppug
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 10:32:33 pm »

all clear now thanks for the help. I now know that my Captain did not fail his save as we thought

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: