The World Of Twilight
March 19, 2024, 05:14:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Sketch suggestions  (Read 44815 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: December 04, 2011, 07:58:52 pm »

Ive been thinking that I really should try and do some more sketches of bits and pieces for twilight (heavily inspired by taelan's market sketch). I'm going to have a go at sharing at least one sketch per week - some will be old, others new. I thought I would open it up to the floor for any random suggestions. Characters you would like to see, particular civilians etc etc. they'll probably be quick, rough sketches, but I'll do my best to post one a week...

So, what would you like to see?
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 08:40:57 pm »

How about the Emperor. Can't think of anything else right now...ooo maybe an Enarii from the POV of the Fubarnii.

HN
dlmartin
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 10:29:19 pm »

Some landscapes would be neat.

best,
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:34:42 pm »

Plenty of architecture would be helpful for obvious reasons...

Also boats, I'm very interested in how they put to sea...

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 11:02:36 pm »

2nd the boats.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 11:21:58 pm »

Hmmm, boats. I'll see what I can come up with.
The emperor might be fun to play with, but given his importance I want to make sure I get him right!
How about some suggestions for random civilians?
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 11:30:00 pm »

Some more shop keepers and buildings. perhaps what a general city street looks like and maybe what the underground parts of the buildings look like

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 02:15:43 am »

Man, so many things to second in this thread. I think I'll back Boats, considering our earlier discussion about the waterways awhile back.

Short of that, the underground would be great. I was thinking about a sketch along those lines myself but with reference, like the market, it would be personal opinion. Smiley

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 08:03:49 am »

Do you get country-bumpkin Fubarnii?

A cross section of an underground house/network could be cool.

HN
dlmartin
Jenta

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 01:28:34 pm »

Also, If  Fubarnii society has a criminal element it might be cool to see what a Fubarnii lowlife/cut-throat would look like.

best,
Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 04:54:52 pm »

Some landscapes would be neat.

I second, third, fourth!  Landscape and scenery with plenty of architecture for Brandlin too. 
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 11:02:52 pm »

I've been doing a few boat doodles. Just taken quickly with my phone so far, but hopefully they'll serve as a starting point. What do you think? I've focused on paddle wheels for these designs, although I think the ship builders would be a tad more varied.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 11:13:08 pm »

My problem when I see these is I instantly start thinking about rules and scenarios, tis just a shame the Devanu don't have ships. Are there any other islands in the world?

Oh and I like the sketches, could make some cool terrain for coastal towns. Is the floating city made of balls/floats of gas?

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 11:17:37 pm »

, tis just a shame the Devanu don't have ships.

They were smart enough to capture Fubarnii that could build towers, why not boats?... Devanu pirates anyone?

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 11:22:15 pm »

A few times I toyed with the idea of making ships, but thought it better to focus on one thing at a time. The 'city' is based on lots and lots of sealed containers stuck together to give the general bouyancy, then a town built ontop and into it. Fubarnii don't generally like water (due to the fact they sink rather too quickly and are unable to swim) so like to be able to pretend they are still on dry land (if they ignore the swaying...).
As for other islands? Not that the empire is aware of. Several generations back several floating cities set off to explore, but only one was ever heard from again (as it crashed on what eventually turned out to be part of the mainland - majorn anis).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: