The World Of Twilight
April 26, 2024, 04:14:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Salute 2012  (Read 12503 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 09:39:59 pm »

I got Rincewind Cheesy

Mrs Carcharoth
Blue Penguin of Doom!
Development Team
Jenta

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 09:42:38 pm »

Mike tries to check the forum after salute..... Smiley

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 10:03:13 pm »

Ahh Cathy went for the Death sorry DEATH with the egg timer. They do a fair few cool Discworld minis but damn pricy if you want a few. Maybe one day I may treat myself to Duck Man...what duck?

HN
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 10:04:17 pm »

I really wanted Ponder Stibbons to convert with a head swap for an rp character - blast them, the models are closer to 40mm scale...

Quite disappointed with that.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 10:13:18 pm »

@ Jules  Tongue

I was always sad the discworld models were done in the wrong scale... I would have bought lots if they were 28mm and could have been snuck into other projects, but as they are they are just collectors items  that I wouldn't get around to painting Sad
Ritualnet
Jenta

An untold story, known by all.

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 02:18:49 am »

I saw the discworld figures and was tempted, but I got distracted by so much shiny stuff, that I didn't go back. Are they large (or larger than 28mm) figures?

My "haul" was pretty poor compared to others.

Twilight (2-player Starter with four herders, two additional grishak, the 2nd Chapter rulebook and the cutest little thing in the world, not sure what it's name is, but it is a small creature on a very small resin base, with a plume and a tail.)
Some grey Army Painter undercoat and a bottle of same colour paint, so I can finally start my Eldar
Two new brushes
Couple of Micro-Art packs of bases
A pack of Hordes Swamp Gobbers
3 old Salute T-shirts (£3 each!), six Salute dice (in rather fetching purple) and a cloth bag

If I'm really honest (don't tell the people I went with!) up until hitting the Twilight stand, it wasn't that amazing. It just felt like a giant warehouse market. Too scared of getting lost/split up from the others, I didn't get to look around as much as I would have wanted to, and their hatred of GW meant I didn't get to dig into stuff like the bring-n-buy, or even get a book/signing from Black Library. Hell I didn't even pick up a Hasslefree Alice figure either! However, it was a day out, I got some bits that I have been putting off for a while, and the game of Twilight made it all worth the £10 fee for me!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 09:34:12 am »

Ahh, that was you! Sorry for the confusing sales spiel, but you seemed happy in the end once I'd finished telling you what to buy Smiley
The critter is a Pree Pree. Check out the creature design competition in the world section of the forum if you want to know more about it!
Ritualnet
Jenta

An untold story, known by all.

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 02:20:32 pm »

Ahh, that was you! Sorry for the confusing sales spiel, but you seemed happy in the end once I'd finished telling you what to buy Smiley
The critter is a Pree Pree. Check out the creature design competition in the world section of the forum if you want to know more about it!

Yar, I was the overweight guy with the stripy shirt and the colourful backpack!

I needed you to tell me what to buy, so that I didn't end up with two un-even forces! I've just finished the first rulebook, and once the figures are made/painted, my partner has agreed to try the game out (which is a pretty big event in all, she's not a gamer, past Words with Friends!) too.

I'll check out the design competition, I need to know what it is and how many combat stones it casts! I'm guessing six. It's like, a cute little critter that is actually horrendously dangerous (like the platypus, a tree frog, or a killer rabbit) and leaps between it's victims, before just sitting on a pile of corpses, looking wide eyed and cute at the survivors.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: