The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 10:14:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Poll
Question: Which two characters are your favourites?  (Voting closed: July 01, 2012, 11:53:46 am)
Tor-El-Anariin, Lord of Larigal - 2 (10.5%)
Captain Jarmu, The Crimson Helm - 1 (5.3%)
Elakiim, The Postie - 5 (26.3%)
Jarla the Trader - 3 (15.8%)
Muilor of Gethlir, Adventurer - 3 (15.8%)
Grenird the Great, Target Guard - 2 (10.5%)
Guhlain, Raiser of the Dead - 3 (15.8%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Character Design Contest 2012 - Voting closed!  (Read 18771 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »

Ah yes, the erillai... The models never actually got a full release, but I can find them if anybody would like to get hold of them. I'll do something with them at some point - I originally had a Plan, but that hasn't come to fruition. I wasn't sure about them as postie mounts, so did a taller, faster breed of enuk instead. I might revisit that at some point of course!
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 08:05:09 am »

No problem. I suppose being a bit on the skinny side they would probably be better sprinters rather than long distance runners.

HN
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 10:59:01 am »

Ah yes, the erillai... The models never actually got a full release, but I can find them if anybody would like to get hold of them. I'll do something with them at some point - I originally had a Plan, but that hasn't come to fruition. I wasn't sure about them as postie mounts, so did a taller, faster breed of enuk instead. I might revisit that at some point of course!

I bought one at Salute. My son, Tom, and I had a cunning plan to buy one or two each Salute to build up a herd. Will it still be available at Salute?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 04:40:27 pm »

Don't worry, they'll stay available via points or shows until I find a specific use for them.
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 04:50:12 pm »

When you say 'shows' ... does that mean that Twilight is present at other shows than Salute, or is it just a typo?

There is a great show here in Norwich in September (Eastern Front) which would be a good showcase for the game. Not sure how much stands, etc are though...
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 05:45:46 pm »

Thus far it's only been salute as I haven't had the time or energy to do any others! Maybe some year it'll be an idea, but this year i think moving house will keep us busy.
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 05:49:43 pm »

Just like Privateer Press have Press Gangers, and Wyrd Minis have Henchmen, you could always get voluntary help for other shows. Call them Vampires and give them glitter maybe? Wink

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 06:45:15 pm »

Or glue tuffs of hair to their faces... Wink
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 08:36:17 pm »

Just like Privateer Press have Press Gangers, and Wyrd Minis have Henchmen, you could always get voluntary help for other shows. Call them Vampires and give them glitter maybe? Wink

I would quite like to enlist in any programme like this Cheesy

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 10:10:54 pm »

I would quite like to enlist in any programme like this Cheesy
Is that just for the glitter?

Nice idea though. Geckilian and Tuffskull pretty much took on that role at salute last year, which was a Huge help!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 12:34:35 pm »

Less than a day to go on the voting!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 10:33:27 pm »

Congratulations Hairy Norseman! You've created a great character in Elakiim, and I'm sure we'll hear more from him in the future. You win a prize of £20 of twilight minis - feel free to wait a week or two to get hold of something from the latest mould  Smiley

Well done to everybody who entered, and particularly well done to those who had their entries shortlisted. I had fun merging them into the world and you've all now got a little bit of twilight history to your names. I'll update the points lists with your prizes of £10 (5pts each).

Now I'll just have to make sure to pick one of these to sculpt over the next few months...
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 11:07:56 pm »

Well done HN! Smiley

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 11:33:37 pm »

Well done and well deserved HN!
Im reading going postal at the moment! so this came at the perfect time!

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 01:35:00 pm »

Yes, congratulations HN - an excellent creation.

It is a good thing that Captain Jarmu is not interested in glory and shuns publicity! Grenird's sponsors are a little alarmed however and are rumoured to be considering entering deals with the postal service ... Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: