The World Of Twilight
March 19, 2024, 04:03:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Have I painted more than one knight yet?  (Read 63280 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 20, 2013, 09:19:47 pm »

That was Mike's friendly question over the trade stand at salute - clearly its been to long since I bothered people around these parts!

So to avoid such questions next year, and rather than dig out my old thread, I thought I'd start a new one to log my progress in the coming 12 months since last year was so poor for me.

There's a pic below with what I've done for WoT so far.

I spent almost my entire salute budget (all except than 36 MDF bases in fact) on WoT so I'd best get the brushes going in the next 12 months so I can try to justify doing it again!  Grin

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:02:54 pm »

Oh well now you've gone and done it, I'll have to restart up my painting blog at some point to make sure I don't fall behind you. Plus the whole terminator thing.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:09:23 am »

I'm going to blame sleep deprivation and poor phrasing on my part...
That is a great looking set of minis  Smiley
What is first on the painting list?
joek
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 08:56:12 am »

Ooh! Lovely figures sir Smiley . Nice to see you on the day too!

Whilst I've always been a single figure chap most of the time, I do think there's very little to beat a nice coherent troop of figures! Jolly good stuff...
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 05:41:14 pm »

the master of threadromancy returns, but I actually have pictures this time!

So my plans in April were a little delayed, but I... No, wait, lets not make promisees of festive painting and just see what happens! These Grishak were started before the Kopa was even released, so they've needed work for a LONG time, and are the first WoT in a long time off my bench. Pleased to have them done at last Smiley

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 07:03:08 am »

That's a cool looking force you've got there TuffSkull. I'm liking the colours of the Grishak particularly. So...more Devanu on the way?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 09:53:16 am »

Those look good as a group! Now you just need a second kopa and a few jenta to finish off the pack  Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 11:06:47 pm »

Lost Egg - Not sure if it'll be more Devanu or something else next for me. I have pretty much everything for the first 3 races, and whilst the Devanu have been waiting the longest, the Delgon have been creeping out the boxes lately. Then again there's the Fubarnii Nobel guard and traders.... well, you get the idea Cheesy

Mike - If I'm missing anything from the first 3 races, including the Grishak Jenta, I'm sure I'll be picking it up in March Smiley

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 12:30:27 pm »

2 updates without months in between? I cant explain it either, but the Devanu jumped the que ahead of the Delgon in the end. One more piece done.... just a few more dozen to go Smiley

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 05:42:48 pm »

Looking good Tuffskull. I like the combo of earthy tones with the splash of red armour.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »

The red armour was intended to have been stolen off some of my more unlucky Fubarnii and in fact its only as I write this that I realise I forgot to weather it to make it look old and beaten - He's not finished after all!!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 04:39:14 pm »

Very nice! The style brings to mind Laughing Ferret's devanu, which is high praise indeed as his are some of my favourite Twilight paintjobs  Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 09:04:42 pm »

Very nice! The style brings to mind Laughing Ferret's devanu, which is high praise indeed as his are some of my favourite Twilight paintjobs  Smiley

Indeed it is taken as (somewhat undeserved..) high priaise, his paint jobs are superb - thank you! Cheesy

Onto something not so nice, I was talking about glazes with a friend of mine (differences between washes and glazes and the way they work different from vallejo or GW mostly) and this "happened" during the discussion. Not a particularly pretty piece on my part for the painting, but its twilight and its painted so it counts Smiley

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 09:06:39 pm »

Also played my first couple of games for AGES the other day - took a few pictures which I'll upload over the weekend. Was Goot to be back casting stones again Smiley

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 09:41:43 pm »

Nice Frenu Smiley

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the battles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: