The World Of Twilight
April 26, 2024, 09:26:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Have I painted more than one knight yet?  (Read 63985 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2014, 12:02:01 am »

Thanks  Smiley

Haven't had a chance to try out Gil yet, but we were talking about the combination of him running around with tiny critters and a kelahn on Wednesday - I don't think you'll have to wait too long mike!

The captain on Grakukan is complete. Really pleased with how this force has come together!

GrouP shot when i have the hunter done.

Also on the workbench are a second regular militia captain, 2 slingers and a Ryhad, a mounted Ryhad with 4 light cavalry, and then I'm eyeing up my dhogu..... Or maybe some small bird like beasties..... Maybe.... Cool
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:37:38 am by TuffSkull » Logged

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2014, 12:16:16 am »

By the way, there's more pics of most of by latest batches going up on my blog. It's been quiet over there for a long time, but along with my painting binge I'm trying to make more updates to it. Links in my sig Smiley

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2014, 09:33:51 am »

Wow, he looks superb. The best of your paintjobs this far.
I applaud you sir. If my miniature would look even half as good I would be very happy.
Some other angles of the Grakugan would be nice. I look forward to the group shot and your progress on the other miniatures you mentioned.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2014, 10:28:35 am »

Just noticed you had another shot of the Grakugan on your blog Smiley.
I joined your blog as well so I won't miss a thing Wink.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2014, 10:55:32 pm »

That's a beauty! Everything about that paintjob looks to have come together perfectly.
Looking forward to seeing the group shot  Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2014, 11:32:29 pm »

The hunters nearly done, but others jumped the que today.....

The reds don't come out in my basic ipad photos. They're exactly the same vibrancy as all my previous empire troops - one day I'll get my proper camera up and running again!

Empire militia captain:

Final 2 slingers and long awaited Ryhad:

Not sure I can keep this pace up - got to turn my attentions back to other projects soon - but bit more to come yet Smiley

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2014, 09:16:09 am »

Not sure I like the reds on the herders, but I guess that is a matter of personal taste.
Perhaps because there isn't a strong contrasting colour.
But still, nice work on the captain and the skin tones of the herders.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2014, 10:59:04 am »

I actually quite like the red - makes them look like a formal part of the militia. Mine are painted more independently - locals who have been roped in to support.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2014, 04:04:41 pm »

Looks good, also ties the army together.

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2014, 07:18:06 pm »

Yeah th reds do look weird in these pics. It's intended to be a mark of those who have officially joined the militia in defence of their homes, but the colour is off in these pics.

Might get a little done tomorrow, but today is gaming, and 28mm WWII rather than wot so basically a day off  Grin

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2014, 11:18:13 pm »

This train keeps rolling....

Mounted Ryhad and 4 light cav.
Somewhere between painting and taking the photo, I knocked one their arms off. I have spares, but not paintined! My slingers are doomed!
Still, really pleased to have done these - not sure why I stopped working on them years back as I've always particularly liked the sculpts, but once stopped, a creativity block formed around them until last week!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2014, 03:11:54 pm »

I already saw these on you blog, but I'll repeat what I posted there: They look great!
I love it how you kept all the colours quite natural and still have so many variations.
One thing I also posted on your blog is I don't understand why you didn't use red on every model.
It would have tight them together as a group more and also shown your armies alliance colours as a whole unit.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2014, 09:26:00 am »

Thoroughly enjoying your recent productivity! Always a treat to see my figures painted well  Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2014, 11:26:50 pm »

I'll repost here what I replied on my blog with regards the red:
Thanks Wouter!
On both the foot and mounted herders, it's only those with a cloak / coif which carry the red. The other mounted models have their hoods integral to the main part of their clothing, and it would be overly powerful to do the whole thing red. Whether it's the mark of a reservist, veteran or simply one who lives within the town borders rather than in the wilds, I don't know ( haven't decided) but it's enough on the table to tie them unit to the rest of the main militia while keeping them distinctly more rural looking individually. Smiley

Hunter done. Kept him totally neutral as I want to use him in with a variety of forces without subjecting him to questions about his loyalties...

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2014, 11:08:51 am »

I like the nice natural tones you've used on him.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: