The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:16:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Twilight on kickstarter  (Read 4010 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 23, 2013, 07:33:29 pm »

Ok, so a serious question ( i guess to mike) but have you ever considered starting a kickstater in order to fund something 'special' for twilight?
This could be a great way to drum up support for this game, as well as increase awareness within the gaming community. The best part is that it also the problems with budget as all pledges are given in advance.
ok im hinting at a BIG rulebook with cards. I'm talking full colour, hardback, increased fluff, new maps, lets incorporate all the travellers into this and you could even include character bios etc.
The reward system will encourage people to pay the big £'s in return for what ever you see fit to offer.
Finally you could do a sweet promo video something that catches the feel of twilight but also show its a world of danger and politics.
Would people back a kickstarter like this? I know i sure as hell would

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 10:26:45 pm »

It's an idea I've played with plenty of times... Would absolutely love to do a Mk2 book as you've described, but it would be a huge undertaking.
It is a 'maybe' though...
I might also consider a smaller one to get book 3 and the cards out as printing costs reduce dramatically if I can do bigger print runs and know how many I need.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 07:35:57 am »

i think stabs great idea to get everyone to buy in advance, and id certainly pledge for book 3

Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 11:55:19 am »

Having run a small crowdfunding project myself I can tell you that it's an enormous amount of work to get one started that would stand any chance of moderate let alone great success. I think there will be a WoT Kickstarter but it would most likely be after book 3 given peoples workloads and personal lives.

A small one might be doable via Indiegogo as they are much less draconian that Kickstarter. still... it's a chunk of work.

redben
Hatchling

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 05:13:44 pm »

I might also consider a smaller one to get book 3 and the cards out as printing costs reduce dramatically if I can do bigger print runs and know how many I need.

It might be worth investigating a print-on-demand service like drivethrucards.com for the cards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: