The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:22:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Painting Challenge 2015  (Read 12523 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: December 30, 2014, 10:57:43 am »

By now, nearly all of you who backed the kickstarter will have received your pledge rewards, so a lot of you will be sitting there with a big pile of carefully labelled little bags, wondering where to start… I know that feeling!

To give you a bit of incentive to unpack your models and get them painted, I am running a challenge over the next three months. All you need to do is pick one (or more) of your forces, paint it and post images of it on the forum or the facebook page. At the end of January, February and March I will select my favourite painted pieces for the month, rewarding a gold, silver and bronze prize. The winners will probably be painted forces, but if somebody has really gone to town on a smaller diorama then I’m prepared to be flexible! Any prizes will be small, but I’ll see what I can come up with over the next month or so...

During the challenge you will also have chance to earn Twilight Points at the same time. If you’ve been around on the forum then over the last few years you will have seen me occasionally reward people with ‘Twilight points’ and this challenge gives you a chance to earn lots of them! Twilight points can be traded in for Twilight miniatures or other goodies (see below).

You can enter models into the challenge by painting them and then sharing pictures on the forum or on the soon-to-be-launched Facebook group. If you paint a Starter Force and enter it into the challenge then you will earn two points, or you can earn one point for each Expansion Force you paint. Each month you can earn up to a maximum of 5 points, so there are a total of 15 points up for grabs during the challenge.

If you didn't back the kickstarter then that won't stop you entering! All you have to do is assemble a unit or small force and paint it. This would typically be 6 small models (or 3-4 medium models) for a unit and you can always check out the kickstarter page as a rough guide. You can also show a WIP here if you want to check you are on the right track!

Twilight Points

You can trade your Twilight Points in for miniatures or extras at shows or you can use them to add some more models if you make a direct order from me, with each point worth about £2. Thus you can get most individual Fubarnii for 2 or 3 points or Devanu for 3 or 4 points. For a limited period you will also be able to get expansion forces for 8 points or even starter forces for 15 points. I’ll put together a list of rewards, or you can simply ask me if something is available and how many points it would be.

Twilight Points - the small print

Twilight points are intended as a bit of fun and a way for me to encourage you to paint and share pictures of your models and to thank you as well! They have no cash value and I reserve the right to change or cancel the promotion at any time. If you add items to an order then I’m afraid you will still have to pay the postage.

I don't think I'll get another chance to post an update before Christmas, so I'll take this opportunity to wish you all Merry Christmas and I hope you have a fantastic New Year!

(and spend it painting Fubarnii...)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:37:38 pm »

Smiley No Fubarnii for me. I started assembling my Grishak and noticed I have two lucky kopa, as their harem is quite large (4 from the Grishak starter + 3 for the Outcast starter + 3 from the Devanu starter set).

Happy new year!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 06:33:07 pm »

You will be almost rivalling Chris' Grishak force!
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 08:57:56 pm »

Looks exciting Mike.

I don't seem to be able to post pictures onto the forum, though.
I have been trying to post a preliminary photo of the new Delgon gunner. It is only a small jpeg, but I keep being told there is not enough memory. Is there a way round this?

Thanks

Happy New Year incidentally.

Phil
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 10:15:41 pm »

I usually upload the pictures first in my blog Serin, and then add the hyperlink in my post.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 10:12:29 am »

I put the images on photobucket - it's a bit convoluted (particularly from my phone), but it works.
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 01:08:17 pm »

Thanks to Santa, I now have a digital camera that will (hopefully) take decent pictures of miniatures.

I am planning to enter at least two of my forces, starting with Plutoms Mechaniacls and the Knights of Orlean.

Hopefully, if things go well with the painting, I will enter some of the expansions as well.  Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 02:11:10 pm »

Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress, as well as taking part myself of course.

Serin is correct however - the forum has apparently reached it's storage limit for uploaded files. This might make it difficult for some folk to post their work.

I don't know if it's possible for mike to fix this some how, but I'm happy to go through. My old threads and remove anything I've actually uploaded, although I think most of mine are linked from my own web space.

Time to rev the brushes!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 02:45:53 pm »

I've had a fiddle with the settings, but I'm not sure if it will have helped. Struggling to test it from my phone, so it would be great if somebody wouldn't mind trying to link to an image here? Thank you!
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 05:21:40 pm »

Not exactly sure if this is what you wanted, but I have linked to one of my photos on Photobucket Imgur.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 12:11:23 pm by Halcyon » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 08:05:38 pm »

Those are the first daleks to grace the twilight forum  Grin
Thanks for that, looks to be working again.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 12:09:39 pm »

It was image uploading rather than linking that wasn't working. The forums own space was said to be full. So, Testing upload abilities here should be my preparation progress from my latest batch of twilight....

(Edit- picture removed as counter productive! )
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:52:41 pm by TuffSkull » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 01:24:05 pm »

Did the uploading work then? I've never tried posting images that way (I'll admit I didn't even know it was possible...).
You've got a lot of models on your workbench! What's the plan for January?
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 06:58:27 pm »

It did indeed, but seeing as you weren't aware of the option yourself, I'm guessing you didn't expand the forums space &  I've removed the pic again as it was just taking up what is clearly valuable!

Unfortunately, what is pictures is only about a half of my current WoT painting pile, and that in itself a tiny tiny fraction of my lead mountain. Lots to do!

Plan for January is primarily to get my tax return done and eBay some stuff. But twilight wise, in between that and work, dhogu and delgon reinforcements will be the first on my list, followed by Engu in February and as soon as I get my new stencils from Anarchy models, the Frenu!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 10:37:32 am »

Anarchy stencils for the frenu? That could be a great idea!

I hadn't increased space for pictures, but I guess that is what I fiddled with and I'm not sure there is anything to stop me increasing it further... Feel free to use it!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: