The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:45:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Booom, the Slann is back ;) March Entry - Noble Guard and Trading Caravan  (Read 16562 times)
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« on: January 13, 2015, 12:39:45 pm »

Well, now they are completely done, Dhogu starter and Yirnak Addon in all their glory!

Groupshot!

And a better pic with unfinished bases:

I'm working on the light-setup. Will get there eventually.

Next force will be the empire. Because they are finished already, just need good pics Smiley

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:29:42 pm by The Slann » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 11:03:11 pm »

Excellent!
They do look rather good as a force Smiley
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 12:38:17 am »

Thx! The red turned out pretty okay, especially with the silver details, and the snow on the Yirnak works well I think. The time for detailing and stuff will be the noble guard, but I like this look on the Dhogu.

cheers
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 01:30:21 pm »

A great looking force and I particularly like the snow on the Yirnak, makes them look like they've been trudging through the snow for hours.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Fireblarney
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 01:54:27 am »

Great job, I agree with the rest the snow on the shoulders of the Yirnak is a great touch, I may attempt to copy
it myself once my Dhogu hit the painting table.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 01:49:20 pm »

Great job, I agree with the rest the snow on the shoulders of the Yirnak is a great touch, I may attempt to copy
it myself once my Dhogu hit the painting table.
A great looking force and I particularly like the snow on the Yirnak, makes them look like they've been trudging through the snow for hours.

Thx guys!
I basically could use some of the good old weathering tricks on them, that I normally only use on tanks, will try it on Roban too.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 06:12:56 pm »

How come I missed the snow on the Yirnaks, ...
They look great! Perhaps you can post a tutorial on how you did the snow.
Can't wait to see your Roban painted.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 07:41:16 pm »

Will do on Roban, if I don't forget, not hard at all though. I also need to make this tree tutorial...

Well, some advertisement for my blog: if you want check it out, there is also non Twilight stuff Smiley especially my commission works and good ol' tanks Cheesy

http://michaelrauscher.blogworld.at/2015/01/16/world-of-twilight-update-and-new-cadians/

cheers!
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 06:36:01 pm »

Oh well, the pic sucks a bit, but I think there are better ones anyways in my painting log.

Btw, one knight is missing because he joined a noble guard Wink and the Graku might join Gil, as this force now is 250 exactly.

Cheers
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 07:31:32 pm »

I think you did a very good job on those.
The blue's make them really stand out.

What is the address to get to your blog?
As I can't seem to find it.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 08:13:50 pm »

Thx

http://michaelrauscher.blogworld.at/category/world-of-twilight/

it's updated every now and then, but you see my commision work too

cheers
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »

Liking the look of the clan Orel as well as the dhogu which have been great to watch progress. Also checked out your blog - there's some nice stuff on there! Consider yourself followed  Grin

CLDecker
Hatchling

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 10:06:16 pm »

Very nice!!!

Cold looking too, I like the snow build up on the beasts. That is something I would easily mess up too.   Grin
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 09:24:05 pm »

The next lot is done! I finally finished my Delgon and Devanu, which I started before my Dhogu, but I liked the Dhogu more Cheesy

Anyways, the bases are still drying, so paint on them tomorrow, but some pics for now, so you know what's going on Cheesy

Devanu:

Delgon:

The "expansion, I'm a force on my own..." Roban!!! Dun dun duuuun

I'm really trying on getting better pics, but I figured that my camera is worse than my phone, so I stick with that one at the moment.

I need to steal the camera of my sis probably...

Cheers for tonight!

Ps: I hate painting yellow, so the Devanu Boss might get a different color. like brown. like all of them. Which actually works. That's why I painted my Minotaurs and hundreds of guardsmen before a single Imperial Fist. grumpygrumpygrumpy...

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 10:45:15 pm »

More good work!
You should try using more light - looks like you've only got one light at the moment?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: