The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 09:30:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Booom, the Slann is back ;) March Entry - Noble Guard and Trading Caravan  (Read 16566 times)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 06:29:08 am »

They look very good.
But like Carcharoth already said, the pictures are a bit dark.
A close up from Roban would also be appreciated Wink.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 08:58:36 pm »

Wohooo, donedonedone.

And better pics I believe. Well first the light setup:

So, no, first the Devanu:

Group pic:

Some close ups:

Now onto the Delgon:

ROBAN

Groupshot with the big guy

Why so serious?

Cheers Cheesy

Ps: Btw, the base edges aren't painted yet, because I'll probably decide on a color for all my armies together in the end. Also, I kinda like the dirty look on the sloped bases, so, we'll see.
And the Delgon might actually get snow on the bases like their allies, but I'm not sure on that one.

PPs: The very careful observer will spot two missing shields. Well, I couldn't on my desk, so... they lost 'em on the battlefield I believe...
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 11:18:12 pm »

Roban looks awesome. I didn't realize the model was so big compared to the others. the coloring on the armor is subtle but quite spiffy. and I also liked the use of the tree to give the flyer some distance.   Smiley
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 11:22:54 pm »

Hadn't noticed the tree at first - nice work.

All of them looking great!

You have been prolific.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 11:36:05 pm »

Roban looks awesome. I didn't realize the model was so big compared to the others. the coloring on the armor is subtle but quite spiffy. and I also liked the use of the tree to give the flyer some distance.   Smiley

Yes, he is a true monster.
Thx for the nice words on the base, I actually came up with it just today, thinking that I might give the tree some foliage, so he needed more distance anyways. Good thing I have steel rods at home Wink

Hadn't noticed the tree at first - nice work.

All of them looking great!

You have been prolific.

Thx again Cheesy
Also yeah, learned a new word in English today Wink You never stop, they told us at some point Cheesy

Now onto painting white... damn... but I like it better than the stupid yellow on the Devanu.

Nobels, here I come!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 09:34:47 am »

Thanks for the pictures! Quite some amazing looking forces you are gathering.
It was already said before, but very nice work on the kosok and Roban!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 01:09:02 pm »

Roban looks very impressive and I love how you've added the tree onto the base (not Roban's), great touch.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 03:25:03 pm »

I like how you've done the Kosok - nice to see the model getting a little bit of extra height. Did you have to rebase it after the first photo, or did you suddenly feel inspired?
The new photography certainly helps as well Smiley

Looks like you've got a solid 5pts for this month (even without those shields!)  Grin
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 05:03:31 pm »

Thx for the nice words Cheesy

@Carcharoth: Yeah, it fell of again, so I though, let's try something. On a very close look you also see that there is a chip of paint missing on the yellow Devanu, because he fell to the ground five minutes before the photo shooting Wink

Wohoo, 5 points for Slytherin Wink
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 06:52:19 pm »

Points very well earned, and a vast improvement in photos - thanks for taking the time to re- shoot them, great work!

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2015, 03:34:27 pm »

Well, guess who is still alive and finished his painting - ME surprise Smiley

This month was going crazy fast, so I didn't get to finish details on the minis, thx for three exams and other real live problems. Need to find that portal to Anyaral to escape those Wink There will be more done on the noble guard, especially do I need to finish the Noble himself, but he sits with other characters and is waiting for some more time and effort, maybe even a little display. Anyway, 2 more playable forces, and most important, a mighty lumbering Belan expansion. Also waiting for a little bit more love, but base colors done. Thankfully, he doesn't need a base to stand. Where is that base again. Oh well. Nuff rambling, here we go with the pics.

I know the pics aren't best quality again, but thankfully, I'll see my sis and here over the top camera next week, so expect better pictures of all my forces around Wednesday.

So, anyone in for raiding a caravan?

Cheers,
The Slann

Ps: I have no clue why the pics are so large this time, same crapy phone cam as always... Well, ctrl+- does the job Wink
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:37:58 pm by The Slann » Logged
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 05:23:59 pm »

Boom is right!  Grin  that's a lot of models done.  I had wondered which group you were going to go with and Bam! appearently why not do both? nice diligence.    Smiley   I quite like the green crests on the guard and am envious of your stylish looking Belan as mine still sits in primer white.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 06:24:46 pm »

Wow, look at that. This is a conclusion of the challenge in style.
Nice colours, both unique and good looking.

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 07:40:34 pm »

Wow, I bow to your productivity there, Slann! Such numbers of such good looking minis are a treat indeed - I echo what someone said in another thread that I'm going to miss the updates this challenge has bought!

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 10:44:07 pm »

Thx a lot guys. Yeah, really pushed it in the end, to many exams and real live problems Wink

Onto the next stuff Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: