The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:13:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delgon Plutom's Mechanicals  (Read 4798 times)
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« on: January 29, 2015, 07:11:03 pm »

My second and last entry for this month, Plutom's Mechanicals.

As with my KalGarkii, several of the figures have had their heads repositioned to add more variety.
Although I didn't alter it, I also bulked up the neck on the KalMalog, as I thought it looked a little spindly.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 12:17:20 pm by Halcyon » Logged
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 07:36:30 pm »

Good looking force! I like your copper deraks, fits in nicely with the green uniform. Just like the small copper details on the strider. Very nice!
Not so sure about the red on plutom, somehow I feel a lighter less flashy colour would have suited him better. But that is just my opinion of course.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:26:42 pm »

Not so sure about the red on plutom, somehow I feel a lighter less flashy colour would have suited him better. But that is just my opinion of course.
I know what you mean, I was in two minds about the red too.
However as the other Priests have it and I was running out of painting time, I stayed with it.  Smiley

The copper is actually Vallejo 'Model Colour' Bronze, I find it is perfect for all things Steampunky.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 03:00:37 pm »

That's a cracking looking force! Looking forward to seeing the full force together.
What's next on the list? Will Gohral and Obal be joining them soon, or are you going to paint somebody for them to face?
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 03:27:44 pm »

Next on the list is my Orel Militia, if I have time I will also do Gohral and Obal, if not they will be done in March.  Smiley

The sun actually poked through the clouds at lunchtime, so I took the opportunity to take some close ups.  Cool

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 12:18:24 pm by Halcyon » Logged
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 06:57:39 pm »

I like the fact that he has red to tie him in with the rest of the force, but maybe it could just be dulled back a little with a wash, as you've painted the rest of him in really nice natural tones.

Great work overall though and great pics too!

Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 01:54:08 am »

Thanks for all the kind comments.  Smiley

I definitely want to revisit some of the figure, at some point, and add some shading to them.
Also, the red on all the figures is a bit bright, so I might put a darker red wash over all of them to tone it down.   Cool

Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 12:19:22 pm »

All the pictures in this thread, have now been changed from Photobucket to Imgur, so hopefully they won't disappear.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: