The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 08:12:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slann's Forces - Autumn themed Kedshi :)  (Read 31468 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2015, 01:43:50 pm »

Early next year there should hopefully be a bunch more Casanii - I'm aiming to have a full 'starter force' ready in time for Salute, plus a few extras for good measure.
I like the white face paint - very distinctive!
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2015, 02:17:28 pm »

These are superb. I liked them before, but the addition of the skeletal war paint really sets them apart and gives them a far more feral, tribal feel. Great work!

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2015, 07:33:07 pm »

thx guys Smiley

I didn't have time to finish them yet, but they might get a testgame anyway tomorrow Wink

cheers!
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2015, 03:46:02 pm »

Bases for the Casanii!!!

First, I applied a layer of acrylic paste and added some rocks and smaller stones

Painted with Desert Yellow

Light Shade form Armypainter

After the drybrushing with some withe/desertyellow mixture, I added 12 and 6mm grass fibres with an "Grassmaster", normally used for model train layouts. That nice thing induces 15.000 V, 20.000 would be better for the longer fibres, it still worked. (that 20.000 version was released two month after I bought mine...)

Placing the Casanii Smiley

More probably tonight and better shots!
cheers
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2015, 05:54:02 pm »

nice job.  the  tall grass looks very cool and makes the erillai and rider really pop.   Smiley
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2015, 10:26:33 pm »

Here you go!

More as usual here: Blog Smiley

Cheers,
The Slann

Ps: Oh, I think FIRST!!! Wink
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2015, 11:38:47 pm »

Lovely work! You also beat Paul to it Grin

Those are certainly worth a couple of Twilight points. Remind me about them when you next order  Smiley
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2015, 12:06:59 am »

Those are certainly worth a couple of Twilight points. Remind me about them when you next order  Smiley

It's only the skull scheme Wink

But YEAH Cheesy
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2015, 12:32:27 pm »

The long grass looks really good and gives them a great arid desert base theme! I don't think I've ever used anything longer than the shorter static grass (didn't even know you could get longer stuff). Do you have to have one of those grassmaster things to get it right or could you have achieved a similar look without one but presumably with more difficulty doing it manually?

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2015, 12:52:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can achieve it manually, but the grassmaster makes it a lot easier. You could probably use tweezers with the long ones and maybe get them even denser. hmmm... might give that a try too Wink
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2015, 02:21:52 pm »

You can get grass tufts in various lengths that make life easier. I tend to cheat and use those now...
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2015, 06:31:11 pm »

I cheat with pre made grass tufts too, but I've still been well beaten to the post with the Cassani - played with them last week, but haven't take a brush to them in a while!

Great looking models, and you've continued with the consistent character throughout the whole lot of them and into the basing. Brilliant stuff!

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2015, 01:14:28 pm »

I cheat with pre made grass tufts too, but I've still been well beaten to the post with the Cassani - played with them last week, but haven't take a brush to them in a while!

Great looking models, and you've continued with the consistent character throughout the whole lot of them and into the basing. Brilliant stuff!

Thx a lot Smiley Sadly I didn't get to play them last time (I honestly just forgot to print the rules... d'oh), so my Dhogu got crushed horribly by a pack of Grishak...
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2015, 10:46:30 pm »

Aaaan, we keep going.

This time, we have my test Knight for the Guardians of the North Wink or whatever name I can come up with in the end. Maybe Nightwatch. Wait..... No... hmmmmmm...

I'm pretty satisfied with the colourscheme, but the grey will get more layers next time, but that's what testminis are for Wink And imagine him with a nice snowy base like me Dhogu.

Cheers Smiley
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2015, 11:12:45 am »

Some lovely work on the Casanii, the skulls give them a very tribal feel.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: