The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 12:58:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Comoran's Scenery - Devanu Tower  (Read 3287 times)
Kadmon
Apprentice

« on: August 16, 2015, 02:55:56 am »

Comoran wanted to do a Prin-Gull tower but after reading about Devanu towers she changed her mind. The picture she found was this:

The world info tells about towers that serve as houses, so that sketch was just a base, but she tries to come up with some similar design.

The base of the tower has round holes for the slaves to enter - this could be reason why they use round doors on their houses later.

Carcharoth has shown another sketch of the Devanu Towers:

By that time Comoran has finished the first level and the balcony, and now she is a bit undecided how to continue.

The base colour of the tower is red, with several kinds of drybrushes and washes used to achieve this colour. (She likes wild colours, and as I usually come up with boring and unimaginative colour combinations I often ask her for advice. After a while I only ask myself "what colours would Comoran use?" before I start to paint )
The devanu climb up the wall to reach the balcony, and the climbing path is drybrushed to show being used heavily. The pathes lead to the entries guarded by spikes (as shown on the first sketch).

The balcony is made of a thin box cover. I've recommended her to use a thicker material - while it bears the weight of metal fubarnii minis, I don't know how would it hold a heavier mini.
The colour of the wooden balcony is dark green and while the idea is sound it doesn't look very good on the dark grey background I've used for the photo... The balcony is attached with self-adhesive glue on my recommendation so it can be taken off to reveal broken poles. She might build a ruined version of the balcony to have variety in the scenery.

The holes are made for the size of the fubarnii minis, but the bases of the miniatures weren't considered in the making so they are just for the show, no minis will be able to enter them. It's unfortunate, as it would have given a good opportunity to use in the games.

When I talked to her, she didn't know what will she do next with the tower, so we'll have to wait Smiley
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 03:24:55 pm »

interesting. I like the texture of the tower and the coloring. I also really like the posed Fubarnii popping out of the holes.... that's a nice touch.   Smiley   Wink
Kadmon
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 05:03:24 pm »

Here are the pictures of the Devanu tower as it stands now

Tower with the balcony on:

Ruined tower with the balcony off:

Tower with miniatures for size comparison:

And here is the tower with Nomad's relics around it:

Here is the contest entry: http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=1981.0

While Comoran had to stop the building of the tower because of the deadline, she already has ideas for higher levels, inspired by Slann's awesome Devanu tower.
Seriously, just take a look at this:

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 07:24:13 pm »

The two towers both look so unique and still have a bit of a familiar build.
Somehow they both made me remember a scene from the movie 'close encounters of the thirth kind'
Well made!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Kadmon
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 03:38:58 pm »

Yep, when I first seen her tower, I also thought of the rock in the movie Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: