The World Of Twilight
April 25, 2024, 02:18:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Egg's Plog  (Read 20375 times)
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: September 13, 2015, 09:57:15 pm »

Hi all, its been a long time since I posted anything WoT. Recently I've been trying to dig myself out of an Aspie hole...in an effort to avoid things getting on top of me I've been sorting through my mountain of plastic, resin & lead, selling most of it on eBay. Don't worry I'm keeping some of my WoT minis Smiley

At the mo I am slowly working on some terrain and have just built a small 2ft sq game board.

It's much lighter than the boards I've built previously but seems to be just as strong. The board and terrain is generic so I can use it for different games, not that I've played a game for aaagggeeesss.

Currently I making some rock formations then some woods. After that its going to be an Engu warband...
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 06:29:31 pm »

I'm not planning anything terribly complicated for the rocks but decided to dig up a few images for inspiration...

Though I'm going with an Engu warband I didn't want to put snow about everywhere. I guess my ladies will be living on the lower slopes of the peaks of their homeland...the Delgon haven't forced them out of their homes yet.

I've also started doing a few little sketches of a small settlement and maybe a boat builders longhouse but I'm still fiddling with those...

P.S. I promise my next scale pics will have actual WoT minis in them  Shocked Roll Eyes
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 07:52:38 pm »

good inspiration. i'll be interested to see how it progresses. I'm thinking I might like to make a table myself, but haven't quite decided what I want to do yet. nice frame up for the table. what kind of wood are you using?
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 08:06:22 pm »

Cheers GrimSnik Smiley

I used 6mm plywood for the top then the frame was made from 12x44mm pine with 6x18mm pine edging glued and tacked on.

I would like to make a 3ftsq folding table at some point but I have way too much to do and no real space to store it at the mo. The 2 footer fits nicely in my wardrobe still leaving enough space for my son to climb and hide Cheesy
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 08:36:16 pm »

Now, I had intended to take some WIP shots of the rocks...but I forgot until I had sprayed them, doh!

Alas, here be rocks...

And here be rocks in a tub...

My aim is to make a small range of terrain that fits in that there tub, making it dead easy to store it all and makes it easy to lug it all down the LGC (whenever I finally manage to start gaming again). Overall, I'm pretty happy with it all; thats pretty good coverage with just 6 pieces of terrain on my 2'x2' board, still there is plenty of room to add more terrain Cheesy

Next, I've got a Hasslefree barbarian to paint up then I'm going to start making some woods and after that I think some Engu might be making an appearance...
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 08:06:09 pm »

Well, the barbarian is finished... (here she is if your interested)

I also managed to get the first half of my Engu warband built up and will be undercoating them tomorrow.

I know a Kapa can't normally have a Kosok but after seeing a pic of a mountain chappie flying his eagle I thought it would work well. I can imagine him using the Kosok to spot for enemies and whatnot.

In the end I decided to hold off on the woods and instead of making my own, a bugger to do and transport, I'm going to grab some Citadel woods when its my bday at the start of Dec.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 09:40:04 pm »

Nice work all round!

I'm somewhat shamed every time I see a painted barbarian Libby. I was gifted one the day they first released them and have never managed to get paint on it!

I look forward to seeing your Engu all done up - they are among my favourite painting projects from the range so far.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 09:09:07 am »

Cheers, me too Cheesy

I've got one mini from ages ago all painted up...

...but I've recently(ish) switched to Coat d'arms paints (classic GW) so will be trying to match the paint scheme with the new minis. It's quite likely I will strip this lady (ooo-err) and repaint her too with the next batch.

Recently I've painted up a handful of what I would call random minis and its been quite fun; Libby was no exception. For years I only bought minis for armies but since getting with my wife she's been encouraging me to get random minis each year we go to Salute, animals of the kids birth signs and whatnot. Only recently, with me selling off a load of minis to make the old paint queue more organised, have I finally started painting them up and its been fun.

Can't make Salute this year as we are on hols for my wife birthday but I've already started making a list of random minis for 2017...I never wanted to have all my minis painted up anyway Wink
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 08:23:28 pm »

For the first time in aaagggeeesss I actually have finished painting some WoT minis, yay! Cheesy

First up are 3 Draals followed by the war bands Kopa (his beasties will be painted later) and the first Engu I painted before I switched from GW to Coat d'arms paints. My aim was to pretty much use the same colours.

Next up I will be starting to build 2 axes and a Garosa.
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 10:33:34 pm »

great start.   Smiley    they've got a nice unified look and the deep red is a really stand-out highlight. i look forward to seeing your whole lineup.   Grin   Grin 
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 10:35:37 pm »

Thanks GrimSnik! Cheesy

Sorry the photos are a bit naff Sad
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 07:44:17 pm »

Update time! Behold the second batch of Engu have been built...

...so thats 3 axes,a Garosa, 2 harpoons, 3 Yirnak and a camp fire for roasting marshmallows! Cheesy

Painting-wise I think I will start with the 3 Yirnak and the Tahela (from the first batch of minis I built up) then I might paint the rest of the guys in one go.
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 08:58:18 pm »

nice look with the harnessed barrels.  Smiley
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 11:31:40 pm »

Thanks, I thought Baruk would look a little odd in such a cold climate. The barrels are from Renedra and work well with the Yirnak; if anyone is interested I went with the small barrels as the big ones were just too big. Still, they will work well with a terrain idea I have Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 08:58:19 am »

Very nicely done!

*adds barrels on yirnak to "steal this idea" pile   Roll Eyes *

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: